Do we still have Medit support?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I disabled avast, removed colLab, reinstalled as administrator, no change. Im going to get a local IT guy to log in to the computer today to see if he can find anything thats causing the issue. Neither Medit or our Exocad retailer have been able to find the issue.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I disabled avast, removed colLab, reinstalled as administrator, no change. Im going to get a local IT guy to log in to the computer today to see if he can find anything thats causing the issue. Neither Medit or our Exocad retailer have been able to find the issue.
Thanks for keeping us updated. This is odd.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Believe the background theory to be unlikely, but you never know.

Based on the observations, power draw on the USB ports could be more likely.

If I were testing, I would try and isolate the problem.
Based on 3 Cameras, Most likely a common USB 3 hub in the Medit enclosure feeding a single cable going to the PC.

First, check the System Power settings to verify 'High Performance [Active]'
Also, under the power-->usb settings-->USB Selective suspend setting -->Disable (default: enabled for High performance)

Under Device Manager
Universal Serial Bus Controllers, hit and miss but Identify the 'hub'
RMB-->properties-->Power Management-->Disable Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Driver Tab-->Update Driver (Rollback/Uninstall for the hail mary)

could check the bios (UEFI) to see if there are any USB related settings

Interesting Article/Microsoft Utility for troubleshooting specific port behavior
https://www.techrepublic.com/articl...windows-10-with-microsofts-usb-device-viewer/

Now, if the 'power draw' is exceeding the usb port capabilities, a solution is a new USB3 Card or the 'Cameras' could be plugged into separate hubs thereby decreasing the individual load/port

Not so simple way to test. Exceptions below are unlikely due to the scanner working properly on another computer, however, still worth due diligence. It is possible the PC port is not supporting enough current draw (probable if the USB tweaks haven't helped).

Plugging each camera into a different 'Hub' on the motherboard could bypass the current draw.
note: generally USB slots on a pc motherboard are divided into multiple 'hubs'. Depending on the motherboard, don't assume that using two separate USB slots are on different 'hubs'. For instance, front ports and backports typically on different hubs whereas two side by side are typically on a shared hub.

Plug in each camera individually and check for stability. (As they are each being plugged into the same port, any exceptions indicate a bad camera, potentially drawing more current than nominal)

Unplug camera 3 and check for stability with 2 Cameras 'active' (If stable, it's a clue).
to Verify you are not dealing with a faulty camera I would then cycle through the iterations, (Unplug 1, stable on 2&3?)
Looking for consistent behavior with no deviations.
If a deviation is found, probably a camera starting to float out of spec.

Anyhoo, hopefully, a couple of more leads that might help...

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
What are the specs of the new PC? Custom built? Do you know the motherboard model?

Have you tried completely uninstalling drivers and then installing them again? All this while the scanner is unplugged. Do not plug back in until you have reinstalled them. Windows will try to find and install drivers as soon as they are connected. So maybe there are conflicting drivers. I doubt it but it's a possibility. I would also try to get a tool to check all the drivers that are installed in the computer and then remove all that seem related to the scanner. Then just install the ones Medit provides you.

You mention new cable, is the new cable any different from the original/originals?

I THINK I remember we tried disabling avast to see if that would fix our problem with our AG Scanner but it didn't solve itself until we completely uninstalled it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hold the phone. @RCKSTR , you said there was a board sent to install in the PC, but you haven't installed it and do not have it going through that supplied board.
They may have sent the board after reviewing the spec sheets and found it to be the most compatible in some way with it's firmware, chipset, etc. I have software that only likes certain WiFi chips for example, and you may have gotten lucky with the laptop having what they want.

If I missed where you said you tried that, sorry, but seems like a good thing to try.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Try looking into the problem reports on Windows 10. Maybe there's an error logged in there that could be related to the scanner?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hold the phone. @RCKSTR , you said there was a board sent to install in the PC, but you haven't installed it and do not have it going through that supplied board.
They may have sent the board after reviewing the spec sheets and found it to be the most compatible in some way with it's firmware, chipset, etc. I have software that only likes certain WiFi chips for example, and you may have gotten lucky with the laptop having what they want.

If I missed where you said you tried that, sorry, but seems like a good thing to try.
no, he said the CD to install the software was blank.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the motherboard may need a BIOS update to recognize the USB ports. certain MSI and ASUS boards have had problems in recent years.

Top Bottom