Do we still have Medit support?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We are having an issue with our hybrid on our new scanning computer. Sometimes it wont connect, sometimes it will drop the connection partway through a scan. We keep getting an error "only 2 cameras found" or no connection at all, but all 3 cameras show up in device manager. We have tried contacting medit but its overnight and we only get the response "make sure its plugged into a 3.0 port." It is.

It works flawlessly on our old computer. The only thing I can think of is the software was downloaded online, the cd that was provided with the scanner is mysteriously blank. Also tried installing the drivers that came with it but doesn't seem to help (they say they are for win 8, and there are multiple choices on the disk). I think its a windows 10 driver issue...

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We are having an issue with our hybrid on our new scanning computer. Sometimes it wont connect, sometimes it will drop the connection partway through a scan. We keep getting an error "only 2 cameras found" or no connection at all, but all 3 cameras show up in device manager. We have tried contacting medit but its overnight and we only get the response "make sure its plugged into a 3.0 port." It is.

It works flawlessly on our old computer. The only thing I can think of is the software was downloaded online, the cd that was provided with the scanner is mysteriously blank. Also tried installing the drivers that came with it but doesn't seem to help (they say they are for win 8, and there are multiple choices on the disk). I think its a windows 10 driver issue...

Any thoughts?
The intermittency of the issue sounds a lot like a cable fault.

Did you physically move the scanner to pair it up with the new scanning computer? Might have something inside loose too.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
New cable, no fix. Scanner was not moved. The scanner and both cables work fine on the old laptop, just will not work with the new PC

Last edited:
brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
If you another USB3 ports, try them. Some computers have USB ports that are low power. I went though this before and it drove me nuts!

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Tried every 3.0 port on the PC

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
New cable, no fix. Scanner was not moved. The scanner and cable work fine on the old laptop, just will not work with the new PC
Get screenshots of the scanner's Device Manager driver listing from the laptop and compare them to the new PC?
I imagine you likely know where to go, but in case(this is for my document scanner, but..)

If there are any discrepancies, you can copy and install them 'by hand' Capture.PNG

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Negative. Have tried updating drivers but computer says I already have the best drivers installed. I tried to copy the driver from the other computer and it gives the same message, I already have the best one.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Maybe..

Computer/OS(C: )/download/NEW UI/ ... and run a framework repair

Just guessing, but its all I got.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Negative. Have tried updating drivers but computer says I already have the best drivers installed. I tried to copy the driver from the other computer and it gives the same message, I already have the best one.
But are they the same?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Yes, they are the same. I have a feeling windows is running something in the background that is kicking the scanner off

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Make sure you are connected to a USB 3.0 port directly on the mother board (back of the PC). No front ports, hubs, extenders etc.
Be sure to update all motherboard, USB bus, video drivers on the PC. Reboot, restart the scanner.
Make sure all Windows updates are installed. Reboot, restart the scanner.
Someone in Medit support should be able to connect to your system and check things out but if the scanner worked fine with your old PC then the problem is 99.9% most likely something with the new PC.

Now I have some 3D printing to do...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you may be right, windows sometimes shuts down usb and other ports when it decides these ports can be put to sleep.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Also disabled it from allowing it to put the ports to sleep. Its doing a massive update now, will report back

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
More thoughts...

Just as Glen had suggested, could be the USB 3 hub, might be worth trying to plug each directly into the back of the motherboard.
Many times the front USB 3.0 slots are either limited power, or we have found issues that prevent consistent connection.
If plugged into a 'Hub', Bypassing and working straight helps to eliminate potential side effects.

In the Cortana search window->
change user account and settings: Can also be found Under Control Panel, view by category, System and Security, Change user account settings. -> Turn slider down to 'Never Notify' and reboot.

Disable any AntiVirus (Note: Always best to perform installations with full admin privileges and AntiVirus disabled)
Many Installations that require data to be written to the Registry can be intercepted and not properly written when either a) Permissions or B) anti-virus interfere with the 'write' event.

Run the App as Administrator (even if you think you are logged in as xxx with Admin privileges).
On the Desktop or Tile Icon, Right mouse click--> Run as Administrator

In the case of the Medit, I wouldn't think that any 'compatibility' options should be required assuming fairly recent software (most USB3 devices shouldn't be an issue) although these are also accessible under the Right mouse-->properties-->Compatibility tab. Note: if an app does successfully run using the 'admin' trick, it can be permanently enabled under the compatibility tab.

Graphics Driver: While another long shot, another very common mystery issue is actually graphics related (unless you actually hear the USB disconnecting). Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 or higher cards are recommended (Also 760, 960, etc....).
Updating the graphics drivers and/or reviewing that a graphics card compatible with the system is recommended.

More common is Laptops where dual graphics cards are installed and the program is actually defaulting to the 'intel graphics' vs the accelerated card. This Can also be remedied by Right click on the Icon-> graphics-->Nvidia.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I ran into a similiar problem not to long ago after an update to 3shape. My firewall was blocking the communication between my scanner and computer.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
More thoughts...

Just as Glen had suggested, could be the USB 3 hub, might be worth trying to plug each directly into the back of the motherboard.
Many times the front USB 3.0 slots are either limited power, or we have found issues that prevent consistent connection.
If plugged into a 'Hub', Bypassing and working straight helps to eliminate potential side effects.

In the Cortana search window->
change user account and settings: Can also be found Under Control Panel, view by category, System and Security, Change user account settings. -> Turn slider down to 'Never Notify' and reboot.

Disable any AntiVirus (Note: Always best to perform installations with full admin privileges and AntiVirus disabled)
Many Installations that require data to be written to the Registry can be intercepted and not properly written when either a) Permissions or B) anti-virus interfere with the 'write' event.

Run the App as Administrator (even if you think you are logged in as xxx with Admin privileges).
On the Desktop or Tile Icon, Right mouse click--> Run as Administrator

In the case of the Medit, I wouldn't think that any 'compatibility' options should be required assuming fairly recent software (most USB3 devices shouldn't be an issue) although these are also accessible under the Right mouse-->prop Untitled.png Untitled1.png Untitled2.png Untitled3.png Untitled4.png erties-->Compatibility tab. Note: if an app does successfully run using the 'admin' trick, it can be permanently enabled under the compatibility tab.

Graphics Driver: While another long shot, another very common mystery issue is actually graphics related (unless you actually hear the USB disconnecting). Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 or higher cards are recommended (Also 760, 960, etc....).
Updating the graphics drivers and/or reviewing that a graphics card compatible with the system is recommended.

More common is Laptops where dual graphics cards are installed and the program is actually defaulting to the 'intel graphics' vs the accelerated card. This Can also be remedied by Right click on the Icon-> graphics-->Nvidia.

Ok, The computer has 6 USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard at the back. Tried all 6, no difference. Never notify is the current setting for user account settings. The only antivirus on the machine is avast, which works fine with the scanner on the old PC. The new one came with norton but it was removed. Tried running ColLab as administrator, no difference. Video card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX1050. We did have issues on the other computer where exocad wanted the Nvidia card, but ColLab wanted to use the onboard. This new PC doesn't have an onboard card however. Device manager will show 3 cameras connected, then flash and show only one, then flash again and show 3. It seems like software to me. The scanner functions flawlessly on the old laptop but the laptop wont work with our network, and is being phased out.

I still think its something running in the background kicking the cameras off, I'm going to try reinstalling the USB 3.0 to PCIe host adapter drivers one more time. The other option is that the scanner came with its own 3.0 USB card to put in the computer, rather than use the on board...

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Our problem may be completely unrelated but it is always worth a try.

When we first got our AG Scanner, it wasn't being recognized by our PC at all. The problem was the antivirus, I think the PC had Avast at the time.

Solved the issue by uninstalling it. Now we just let Windows Defender as the default antivirus. No problems so far.

Top Bottom