dip wax shrinkage

A

AL1

Reaction score
I am using Renfert Geo-dip in a renfert dip pot, Temp set at 182f, I get around 3 tenths mm coping, renert suggests 192f, I also use yeti die lube, put it on and blow off excess .
My problem seems to be that the occlusals are pulling away from the die and cutting my occlusal room down.
This must be some kind of shrinkage
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Is there a better dipping wax I could try?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Another suggestion is to warm your dies before dipping. The potential difference in temp between the die and the wax can cause shrinkage moments after withdrawing from the dip. One of Scott's (***) people used to sit on the die for a while before dipping. I thought that could work, "butt", I set mine on the edge of the dip pot for a short amount of time to "bring them up to temp" before dipping.

Just a thought.....

C

charles007

Reaction score
Try a sample of Rapid Wax Dipping Wax by Lighthouse Dental.(800-338-3405) I also use a Renfert digital pot w Yeti die lube..
If you find a better dipping wax, please send me a sample.. Just remembered, I wax with a mouse :D never mind

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I am using Renfert Geo-dip in a renfert dip pot, Temp set at 182f, I get around 3 tenths mm coping, renert suggests 192f, I also use yeti die lube, put it on and blow off excess .
My problem seems to be that the occlusals are pulling away from the die and cutting my occlusal room down.
This must be some kind of shrinkage
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Is there a better dipping wax I could try?

I observed this years ago working in a six doc office and discussed with lead Prosth. This was Maves and Ney die lube(which is like oil). We started to dip the die and take the coping off and discard. Then redip . Seemed to be an improvement.

Nowadays I use Separater pens (DVA or Harvest) and a great dip wax from
ADDS, American Diversified Dental System, American Diversified Dental Systems -- Home
Production dip wax green. Works for me.
Dip pot at 80c, wax pen at 270F build up and 330F margin seal.

You mention that you blow Off excess. Maybe try blot dry with a tissue.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
we've been dipping for years....... if you dip a molar die that has a occlusal surface where the doc has prepped appropriately in the central fossa area, this will trap air when the die is dipped perpendicular to the pot. Tilt you die a little so the first surface to plunge is a pointy surface and not flat. Keep your lube and die space as before.

Air entrapment is your problem because of physics , not the rest of things you mentioned.

A

AL1

Reaction score
dipping wax

Ordered a sample of rapid wax for dipping.
It is now called microstar dipping wax.

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
Visio-dip from XPdent has given us predictable, great results for years.