Digital Model Charge Per Arch

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Hey all, we just set up our 3D printer and Digital division and we were wondering what people were charging for printed models? I've heard anywhere between 15-25 per arch printed? Is this a accurate number? What have you heard of people charging/what do you charge (If you dont mind me asking)

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Following out of curiousity but....I'm $10 quad per arch; $16 full arch.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
$25 per arch, plus whatever...

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
AFAIK we bake the cost of models into our pricing for other work, and just don't charge for models. We also don't do just models. Effectively we're charging a market rate for models when you consider everything- as long as we don't have to print things in duplicate/triplicate because of QC issues or whatever- but it's presented as "no charge for models!"

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Also I guess I shouldve asked if you are a big corp lab or a more local style lab in the sense of employees, we hear the bigger labs can eat the model work fee and we dont want to scare doctors with a 40$ model fee for digital models (upper and lower) but we might need to have some sort of fee just to cover our work costs,

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
39.95 cdn per arch is what I pay
The other option for me is to send my own models and pay $60 for a courier and waste 2 days

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We price depending on if its with a product or not, no product its somewhere in the 40$ per arch or so, quadrant or full. If its with a product we charge around 20-30 per arch.

Best course is usually weight the material used, take that cost in resin +10% for post processing resources, +20% for wear and tear/ maintenance on the machine and then 30% markup for profit sake.

Tends to work out to around double material cost +30% haha.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Meanwhile Schleprock is in the back room of analog dental pouring models for free and thinking about tomorrow….” Plaster Trap Friday“

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
One day I was getting a little sideways about the amount of same day work I was having to do and arguing w the boss about how to address the problem. Initially didn’t go well so I snidely said ‘well just call me ‘same day Charlie’ from now on then! I like schleprock better.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
One day I was getting a little sideways about the amount of same day work I was having to do and arguing w the boss about how to address the problem. Initially didn’t go well so I snidely said ‘well just call me ‘same day Charlie’ from now on then! I like schleprock better.
You fix the same day problem by adding a rush/ emergency fee. Solved my problem. When it was gonna cost an extra $50, all of a sudden that patient "could go without there teeth" after all.

Just like UPS, we can get it there. Do you want Ground, 3 Day Select, Two Day Air, Next Day Saver, or Overnight AM?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We need to start a union 😜

all stars space GIF by StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I get about 80 to 100 models out of a spool of filament.Probably 75% are quads.
I pay about 35$ for a spool of pla to produce those models.
That works out to about 35-43 cents per model.