Designing computer for scanner (help)

D

Drelli02

Reaction score
So we're looking to buy a scanner and have it run on a computer we're building here. I don't know too much about the dental stuff because I'm just helping my dad out with the computer part. I've done a little research and come up with this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6zT4wh

From what I know we're getting a 3Shape e3.

I really appreciate any feedback or recommendations, also sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules about posting or anything.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So we're looking to buy a scanner and have it run on a computer we're building here. I don't know too much about the dental stuff because I'm just helping my dad out with the computer part. I've done a little research and come up with this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6zT4wh

I really appreciate any feedback or recommendations, also sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules about posting or anything.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

You're fine. Just think like if you're hanging out with your girlfriend's odd brother and you'll get the tenor of the place.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Check with whom ever your getting the software from! Many wont provide support (and youll need it) unless you purchased the computer from them.
3Shape? Clearly you havent thought this through.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
What are some off-the-shelf ready to use computer systems that will run Exocad?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I didnt read the earlier responses, but Ive had good luck with dell. I have an xps i7 an xps i5 and an alienware laptop i7 that all run 3shape or exocad. The i5 im typing on now Ive had for ten years, still going strong, the only issues were software conflicts with 3shape.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I would go with this CPU air cooler if you are not going for water cooled. You can adjust the fan height. Specs are good enough.

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

The build is perfectly fine for running 3shape comfortably.
I am a dental tech, but I have worked a lot with PCs and built a few for friends etc (hobby),so here are some suggestions. Although you do look like you also know PCs.
Swap the 2 fans for the equivalent Noctua ones (NF-A14). Or Bequiet's Silent Wings 3 140mm. Both are better quality, have more airflow, and are quieter. Corsair fans are not worth it. Obviously rgb is not needed since this is a work machine.
CPU cooler is good. I case you cannot find this cooler, you could again go for Noctua. NH-U12/14, NH-D14/15 are all good and more than enough. Do not go for watercooling.
Finally, change the case. Not just a suggestion here. This case is a hot-box. Looks good, but it's not good for airflow, and your components will suffer. I suggest Bequiet's 500DX, Fractal Design Meshify 2, Corsair 4000D Airflow. All 3 are good choices. I'd personally go for the Fractal inbetween the 3.