Dental Wings Scanner 7 Series Scan issue

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
I have a S107 Series Dental wings scanner and when I scan the model the scanner makes a lot of noise as if its grinding something inside while it moves. My images are totally seen as broken patches after the final scan. Has any one ever experienced similar issue. Please guide what is the solution to this problem. I am to far from Dental Wings Montreal where I can send the scanner for repair. HELP, HELP, HELP>

D

Danutule

Reaction score
It would be nice to upload some pictures (screenshot) with your scans.
One problem could be the color of your gypsum model, try another color (you can try with ordinary gypsum, just for experimenting). Is it new? its the first use? was it ok in the past ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
First of all contact the guy who sold the scanner to you . And then the one who supports you .

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Have you been using the scanner for a while and this is a new issue or is this the first time you are using the scanner?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Sounds mechanical ? I think Drizzt is completely right if you have that option ?

blue tooth

blue tooth

Reaction score
It must be mechanical issue. Most likely your model is to big. I don't know about 7, we have 3s, I would open the door during scanning and see what was goin' on. I had similar issue while scanning some big partial models.
Solution was to drill two dead holes in the model from the bottom, distanced same as stop screws on holder.
Tightened the screws so model seated flat on the holder with the screws in the holes. That was it, problem solved ;)

P.S.
The screws are M8 size, the drillbit needs to bi bigger, 9 or 10 mm in diameter.

D

Dentalworker

Reaction score
Obviously, you need to contact you dealer...

only expert of this scanner can told you whats going on...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am no expert for DentalWings specific scanner, but this sounds like an easy thing to diagnose and fix.

Just like any CNC mill or scanner with motors and control system.

Piece of cake...?

Rotary Axii are direct drive, or with belt and pulleys?

Maybe loose belt, or gears meshing incorrectly?

Physical obstruction?

Take cover off scanner and check it out of course!

Post some pics!

I wanna see inside your scanner.

Stepper motors, or Servo? Maxon motors perhaps?

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
If it sounds like it's growling at you during a scan your rotator arm is probably going out. How heavily is the scanner used? We were able to use ours until the part came and replace it ourselves. 800$ fix for the 3 series, contact dental wings and they will hook you up, very good technical support in my experience.

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
I agree, great technical support from Dental Wings. I've never looked inside a 7 Series, but I have seen the inside of the 3 and 5 Series. No belts, just stepping motors.

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Hello All,
I want to thank all you good people for posting all your comments. I am currently in talks with Dental Wings regarding this issue.

7 Series scanner has no belts.

We bought this new scanner in 2012 so its been almost 2 years now. Do you think it should be worn out so soon. By the way we only have one scanner so all the scanning is done on this one scanner.

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
I am a first time user of this forum so kindly guide me how do I upload an image of my scan? I would like to share with all of you members the actual scan output result image so all you members can review it and advice me if you have seen anything similar happening with your scans and what did you do to fix the problem. Thanks

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Its seems that you have had a lot of issues with this scanner. Kindly share some of your problems and maybe we could help each other out on resolving them

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest me how to upload images on this forum. NEW USER???

JeffreyDugré

JeffreyDugré

Reaction score
Yes you got only5 messagefor the moment you need to write at least 10 to 12 message to become a full member and then you gonna be able to upload file on the forum ;)