Dental Tech C&B Feedback

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just conducting some market research. I was hoping you guys could give your $0.02.
1) What is your "Top 10" wishlist (or Top 3) of things you would like from your dentist to ensure accurate C&B results?
- Any input on brands of impression material vs others?
- Laser vs cord?
- Types of pics?
Ect, ect....

Thanks,
Sean

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Digital is great and all but it just doesn't magically make you good dentist.
I'm tired of seeing that advertised and marketed. It's simply not true.

A bad scan is just that.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
While I'm wishing:

• Double cord
  • LOOK at the impressions- With someone else! If they can't point out your margin all the way around, I'm not gonna see it either.
  • Full arches please! Bennet movement, protrusion, excursion. None of these can be mimicked without them. How much does your operatory cost per 15 min? You're taking impressions anyway. It's a lot faster, and you'll look better to the pt to let us do it right in crown design that for you to grind into the crown at delivery.
  • Pics are two-edged. great for form, and overall situational awareness. But they easily stop being a communication tool and become a miscommunication opportunity unless unless the room is painted right, the overhead lights are color correct without dolphins and butterflys painted on them and they have taken the time to know how to use the camera and accessories, like a ring flash, very well. Shade matching is not point and shoot photography. OrangyPinks and greens are a lot closer from a bad reflected-light-tint-adjustment than most expect.
  • Fill the imp tray, don't just give the incisal 1/2 of the neighboring teeth, if you need to scrimp that bad, find another spot.
  • Check that implant components are fully seated before impressing. Use the right kind (open/closed tray) for the right situation. Don't use any of them without knowing it's the right brand/interface and communicate that information to us on the script. Better yet, send a copy of the surgical letter.

Just a general issue:
If you are not sure about something or how to communicate something about the prep or situation, ask. We don't know it all either, but between us we know a lot more.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Digital is great and all but it just doesn't magically make you good dentist.
I'm tired of seeing that advertised and marketed. It's simply not true.

A bad scan is just that.
true, but you don't get many of them with the hand holding the software does.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Honestly...my best clients are like my best friends. Get to really know your dental technician, on a personal level, invite them to shadow you...and return the favor, go shadow your lab tech, it may be some of the best training you'll ever get!!! I know for a fact that the relationship you have with your lab tech is kinda like your drinking buddy to some extent. You sit down together, you bs together, share horror stories back and forth and at the end of the day, you can't wait till the next time till you do it all over again. Sure, we could all sit here and tell you we prefer digital, prefer triple cord, prefer you only do all ceramic, and the list goes on. However, we are all different, and what each of us prefer is usually what we are really comfortable doing day in and day out, and that may different from one lab tech to another...now you understand why we drink so much!!! :) Great question though.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Use your loops to check the impression, if we restoring #7 we'll need a good impression of #10 for symmetry(from cervical to incisal edge. Communicate with your lab before changing materials techniques etc. sometime we have seen the new material or procedure and can save you the time of trying. All of the above are also good suggestions but in the end respect is everything, I may not have made it through dental school, but I see examples daily of others who should not have either. After over 30 years of working in this industry, my best clients ask me questions and are understanding when problems arise, nobody is perfect but with mutual respect we can achieve amazing results as evident in many pic's posted here. My 2 cents

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think it's time for CHL to give up the digital and find an analog girlfriend..... :rolleyes:
or go fishing

d59c1f31248e2a901b768f9fd8b9318ac5015503.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
what if i told you i think i might have?
It's kind of a win/lose for me. On the one hand I'd be happy for you but on the other I'd have to come up with some new material....