Choosing a Scanner

A

alphadental

Reaction score
Scott , what about SINERGIAscan ? You have this one also. isn't made by open techologies ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, that is the One I had. Thank you for correcting me.

It was the only unit I had, that Open Tech made.

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
I had it, I cannot say that I recommend it.

That's all I got to say about that.

ai.qkme.me_3oxeis.jpg

Is That you have say for synergiascan and not for REVENG 3D from same company ?

What about for reveng 3d hi level model Hi-level ?
ai.qkme.me_3oxeis.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it is good?

I cannot say. Never tried it or seen it in person.

DarrenS

DarrenS

Reaction score
I am at the same crossroad in regards to finding a scanner and wax printer for that matter. Since we are an in house lab and not going to do a lot of production, any recommendations from you guys doing it all day everyday? Doc is pretty pumped about all of this. Just want to get the best bang for our buck. Want to try and stay around the 10-30k mark if at all possible. Will be looking at the Envisiontec Micro later today.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Darren

O

Optimet

Reaction score
*** - You are correct in what you say but if you move from white to blue you have one wavelength of light to look at and to eliminate interference from other wavelengths (like in a white light scanner) you use a narrow band pass filter oin the input of the camera this way the ambient noise does not play into the measurement. For white light scanners you can not do this so inherently you get more environmental noise. The blue system should have a better signal to noise ratio.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am almost sure that the Sinerga scanner and the Reveng scanner are the same scanner , just different outfit .

At the IDS , they said they made some improvments and Reveng is better than SInerga , faster . I will have a presentation of Open Technologies products the following days and I will inform you guys .

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
I am almost sure that the Sinerga scanner and the Reveng scanner are the same scanner , just different outfit .

At the IDS , they said they made some improvments and Reveng is better than SInerga , faster . I will have a presentation of Open Technologies products the following days and I will inform you guys .

Thanks Drizzt i will wait your comments for reveng scanner

R

Rickrag

Reaction score
For further clarification:

In my pursuit of the truth in regard to scanners and their advantages and shortcomings, I have learned that only a few scanners possess the ability to relate the scanned image of a full arch model (whether it be for a bar or 14 single units) to the hinge axis when mounted on a semi or fully adjustable articulator. This requires the use of scanner mounting plates that orient the model in such a way that the software can virtually mount the model in relation to the condyles on the specific articulator being used and have in the software the specific dimensions and articulator movement patterns to be able to replicate those movements virtually. For instance, Smart Optics now makes two scanners, the a880 and the a885, also sold by Amman Girrbach and Schutz under different names, that will orient the model relative to the condyles on several articulators, specifically, the Artex, the SAM, the Addesso split system used on the Ivoclar Stratos line and possibly the Panadent articulators. This list may be incomplete as the articulators mentioned may not all be found in one scanner's arsenal. The scan plate adapters have to be made by the scanner manufacturer and made specifically for the articulator mounting system being used. I'm told that the Smart Optics scanners mentioned above, the Zirkonzahn scanner and the iMetric scanner all possess the ability to do this. Are there others? If so, which ones are they and what articulator systems are supported? Why would anyone wanting to create a full arch prosthesis attempt to do so without the ability to mount and virtually articulate models this way? The virtual articulator embedded within Exocad would be useless without being able to virtually mount the models as they would be mounted with a facebow. Anyone care to chime in on this. I'd love to know what systems are in use for these types of prosthetics, i.e., full arch reconstructions.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
In my pursuit of the truth in regard to scanners and their advantages and shortcomings, I have learned that only a few scanners possess the ability to relate the scanned image of a full arch model (whether it be for a bar or 14 single units) to the hinge axis when mounted on a semi or fully adjustable articulator. This requires the use of scanner mounting plates that orient the model in such a way that the software can virtually mount the model in relation to the condyles on the specific articulator being used and have in the software the specific dimensions and articulator movement patterns to be able to replicate those movements virtually. For instance, Smart Optics now makes two scanners, the a880 and the a885, also sold by Amman Girrbach and Schutz under different names, that will orient the model relative to the condyles on several articulators, specifically, the Artex, the SAM, the Addesso split system used on the Ivoclar Stratos line and possibly the Panadent articulators. This list may be incomplete as the articulators mentioned may not all be found in one scanner's arsenal. The scan plate adapters have to be made by the scanner manufacturer and made specifically for the articulator mounting system being used. I'm told that the Smart Optics scanners mentioned above, the Zirkonzahn scanner and the iMetric scanner all possess the ability to do this. Are there others? If so, which ones are they and what articulator systems are supported? Why would anyone wanting to create a full arch prosthesis attempt to do so without the ability to mount and virtually articulate models this way? The virtual articulator embedded within Exocad would be useless without being able to virtually mount the models as they would be mounted with a facebow. Anyone care to chime in on this. I'd love to know what systems are in use for these types of prosthetics, i.e., full arch reconstructions.

The systems you mentioned all utilize Exocad, but you are correct. I have been frustrated that the medit scanners have not created a plate to position the model correctly on relation to a face bow etc..

Last edited: