Dental Lab Software

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John,

In quickbooks we put the patient's name in the memo slot. It then is searchable even by fragments Jo would return any name with Jo in it from John to Barbara-Jo to Johnson. It then shows up on the statement also.
I'll post a screen shot tommorrow.

Tim I am so happy you came here and shared this info.

I have used Case Manger for years and after the service and raping of support fees I switched back to a stand alone accounting software. One of my biggest annoyances is the fact I couldn't not find a way to get Patient names on the Statement. This is such an easy solution and seems to work flawlessly.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Until the last update, after printing an invoice, the default for the cursor was the memo box. We actually have a place on the invoice that we input the name then we capture and copy and after printing, simply paste it to the memo box.
We also buy the tri-colored blank all purpose form that is 8.5 x 7 . So much easier to deal with in the work pans and when shipping out in boxes.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
We customized our form and it gives me an invoice number, date, due date, patient name, we then put the name in the memo box. When I print invoices the name is on it, when I do end of month billing each invoice is listed with patients name.
I just bought the 2009 version but have not upgraded yet.

A

alamarlab

Reaction score
We customized our form and it gives me an invoice number, date, due date, patient name, we then put the name in the memo box. When I print invoices the name is on it, when I do end of month billing each invoice is listed with patients name.
I just bought the 2009 version but have not upgraded yet.

We have a very similar system with QuickBooks. We make the data entry in the estimate mode with a customized template, and create a workorder with Dr., Patient name, pan number, completion date, shade, tooth #, Additional info. Procedure/item, quantity. (all of which can be printed as a work order).

When completed, the workorder can be turned into an invoice with a few keystrokes. We also paste the patient name in the memo space to create a searchable entry which also puts the patient name as well as the invoice number on the statements.

Haven't found a way to schedule with QB, but that is not a priority around here. There are other ways to accomplish that. Every other aspect works flawlessly (A/R, A/P, checking, etc)

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_workorder.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_printworkorder.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_invoice.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_workorder.jpg ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_printworkorder.jpg ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_invoice.jpg

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have a very similar system with QuickBooks. We make the data entry in the estimate mode with a customized template, and create a workorder with Dr., Patient name, pan number, completion date, shade, tooth #, Additional info. Procedure/item, quantity. (all of which can be printed as a work order).

When completed, the workorder can be turned into an invoice with a few keystrokes. We also paste the patient name in the memo space to create a searchable entry which also puts the patient name as well as the invoice number on the statements.

Haven't found a way to schedule with QB, but that is not a priority around here. There are other ways to accomplish that. Every other aspect works flawlessly (A/R, A/P, checking, etc)

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_workorder.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_printworkorder.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_invoice.jpg

Wonder if you could upload that custom template, it looks great!!!
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_workorder.jpg ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_printworkorder.jpg ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_invoice.jpg

A

alamarlab

Reaction score
Wonder if you could upload that custom template, it looks great!!!

I am assuming that you have QuickBooks now. Is that right??

It is a little hard to upload the templates. They are part of the company file. There are tons of parameters that you can adjust in all the QB forms. Including Fonts, font sizes, size of boxes, etc. If you are really serious, I might be able to forward screen shots of what I changed. Spent a bit of trial and error getting it the way I wanted it.

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
alamarlab,

Did you use one of the 'custom fields' to generate the 'pan', 'shade', 'completion date', etc or did you 'convert' on of the standard data boxes like FOB or something?

A

alamarlab

Reaction score
alamarlab,

Did you use one of the 'custom fields' to generate the 'pan', 'shade', 'completion date', etc or did you 'convert' on of the standard data boxes like FOB or something?

I renamed some of the standard boxes. Here is a screenshot of the "Field" tab of the edit mode. The shade field is the "REP" field, which is a pull down menu where I inputted all the Vita shades(even some .5 shades) as "REP"s. Any other shade details can be put in the "additional instruction" field. You can move and modify the printed fields around in the "layout designer" mode.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_customizeestimate.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y173_alamarlab_miscellaneous_customizeestimate.jpg

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
That is good. As you only get a half dozen custom designed fields you can use them for account specific info. For example, we use one for where we copy the doc's phone number and then it is placed on the invoice so we don't have to look it up. You can also use this to put preferences and then it woould print out on all those work tickets. Which by the way I never thought of using 'estimate' to generate on of those. I'll need to do that. Then customize the template to have it print on my UPS thremal printer. Then I can print it on a label stick it on the back of the prescription with the info I need where I want it.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
The new 'work order/estimate' will now print on my UPS thermal printer on a 4x8 label...that's a 4x6 label that has a 4x2 receipt area that I can use to print off extra dr & pt name to put on bags and such. Just today was playing with it so there will be some modifications down the road. right now I'm thinking to use this as a login tool and generate a work order...well, actually more of a routing order. I over lapped the two data fields to create a circle. When I order teeth I put an 'X' in it when the teeth come I fill it in. If you noticed I use acronyms for 'item numbers'. Makes it real easy to teach someone how to bill out in one day. PFUD= Process & Finish Upper Denture...teeth examples are: IPN for a 1x14 ipna for an anterior, ipnp for a posterior. I entered them in the items list in lowercase. When we enter a transaction we use caps lock and autofill. We know we're entering a valid 'number' as long as the autofill keeps changing the input to lower case. As soon as you hit a 'bad' number the whole entry flips back to uppercase and you know you're on the wrong track.
WORK ORDER PIC.jpg

Last edited:
finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Im a 2 man Lab and am also using quickbooks

G

greggypetty

Reaction score
I've never used QuickBooks. Where I work at, we use Curve Dental, they have great dental software. It's all based online as well, so the information can be accessed from not only your work computer, but elsewhere (home for example). I've loved this so much more than our previous programs.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Just want a little more input on LabManagers' software. We are looking at buying this soon and would like to know some of the road bumps we will be looking for. thanks!

neila

neila

Reaction score
You might want to look at Magic Touch Software. They offer a hosted solution which is really affordable. The software is really great for Customer Service as far as info being at your fingertips when a Dr calls. You can do case entry and everything else with it from 1 screen. Works incredibly well in a large production environment as well.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
A couple of quickbook questions.

Has anyone found a way to have the statement print the invoices # and amounts in two columns instead of going to a second page?

Also I have reams and reams of paper with a perforated section (1/4 of the page). Does anyone print a statement with a tear-away payment 'ticket'? I haven't tried it yet but I thought it should be possible with QB to generate such a statement. Right now I have most guys just send a check and nothing else but some will photocopy the statement and some will tear off the heading to include with their payment.