Datron D5

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There are already plenty of laws for that John....Slander for example.

Which I almost file for you actually just a few weeks ago! LOL

I always keep this in mind before I click "Post".

LMAO

Scott you're right you are a pillar of self control and tact.

As for slander point out any post that I have said anything non factual. Its impossible!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
John the reason I said something is over the years people have posed similar questions about different materials and machines.The results have always been helpful and informative.Take disturbed and his objections to zirconia for instance no one from the zirconia manufactures took out any kind of class action.What ended up happening was very robust and helpful information coming out and the comfort that comes with knowledge from experienced techs.People are always asking on this web forum what have people heard about this or that and quite often its been very negative but very helpful for the techs buying this stuff. This is the one place ware I hope to get honest feedback.If any products or services get good feedback on this forum it will be the best marketing you can get if there is no interference. Simply because they are a sponsor does not mean you should interfere as this will effect DLN's credibility.This is the last thing I want to see happen this is the best website for techs and nobody else by far its our oasis in the baron desert of dentistry ha ha.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
LMAO

Scott you're right you are a pillar of self control and tact.

As for slander point out any post that I have said anything non factual. Its impossible!

Sorry to be a pain.. and Scott will royally point out this anyway... but slander is actually verbalised and libel is written...
Sorry if i missed someone else pointing this out....

AND.... Both incur false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation. I.f it is proven...a big "if"

So anyway who is not guilty of that on occasion... especially here...?

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
The machine is just over two years old. Keeping a strict maintenance schedule will ensure the machine and sensors are properly cleaned, because depending on the type of sensor, the detecting distance varies, and if the detecting distance is less than 1mm and the sensor is dirty with metal chips, this could result in errors. Also, the life and accuracy of the sensor can be checked and they can be replaced before starting to fail, so the production flow will not suffer.
We have the basic D5, so you are right, no eMax. We use an Origin D40 for wet milling when needed. Since then Datron came out with a model that supports wet milling, so this covers also the Titanium worries, although mist cooling when milling Titanium is possible and it really works. I didn't believe it either until I saw it. It's just a matter of Cam tweaking.
The spindle comes from the back, and you cannot see it directly, but there is a camera inside the machine pointed at the disk, and you can see exactly what goes on during the milling process. I also prefer the machines that give you more access, but not all machines are built and thought the same way.
I forgot to mention in the first post, another big plus, is the blank magazine (8 blanks) which allows you to program the machine to work overnight without being supervised, since the machine automatically changes the disks in the order that that operator programs it.
The machine runs for at least 7 hours a day, depending on how much work there is or depending on the complexity of the frameworks.
I don't remember exactly to the cent how much the sensors cost, it depends on the type of sensor, but off the top of my head, one sensor costs between 150-180 Euro. Until now we changed less that 7 sensors, so I think that's pretty fair, considering the machine rarely rests.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
The machine is just over two years old. Keeping a strict maintenance schedule will ensure the machine and sensors are properly cleaned, because depending on the type of sensor, the detecting distance varies, and if the detecting distance is less than 1mm and the sensor is dirty with metal chips, this could result in errors. Also, the life and accuracy of the sensor can be checked and they can be replaced before starting to fail, so the production flow will not suffer.
We have the basic D5, so you are right, no eMax. We use an Origin D40 for wet milling when needed. Since then Datron came out with a model that supports wet milling, so this covers also the Titanium worries, although mist cooling when milling Titanium is possible and it really works. I didn't believe it either until I saw it. It's just a matter of Cam tweaking.
The spindle comes from the back, and you cannot see it directly, but there is a camera inside the machine pointed at the disk, and you can see exactly what goes on during the milling process. I also prefer the machines that give you more access, but not all machines are built and thought the same way.
I forgot to mention in the first post, another big plus, is the blank magazine (8 blanks) which allows you to program the machine to work overnight without being supervised, since the machine automatically changes the disks in the order that that operator programs it.
The machine runs for at least 7 hours a day, depending on how much work there is or depending on the complexity of the frameworks.
I don't remember exactly to the cent how much the sensors cost, it depends on the type of sensor, but off the top of my head, one sensor costs between 150-180 Euro. Until now we changed less that 7 sensors, so I think that's pretty fair, considering the machine rarely rests.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Thank you for your honest reply. That is all I was ever asking for in my original post, feedback from users. This is what this forum is all about, learning from each other's experiences and not being scolded for asking honest questions, otherwise I am out of here.

Top Bottom