Custom grinding box. My buddy DANVO from OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This is one of our Zirconia boxes.

Water turbine, regular turbine, electric, and an air puffer (see the little white tube facing the rear, mounted to inside front wall)

We use one flourescent, and two halogen inside the box from different angles, and more lights on top. You can never have enough light IMO.

Black foot pedel is for vacuum, three for air control, and of course an electric foot. VERY HAPPY with the set-up.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We have another one that extends and drops 3" from the tabletop.

Used for short people, like me, or a very high countertop surface.

I am going to add a video monitor into one box, otherwise I can't ask for more.

Oh, I tried painting the inside of one box Black, to have the teeth "pop out" more in the light. The white background is not the best I believe.

Dark Blue, or Grey would be my choice. Not White, or Black.

Scott

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looks BIG, I like it. Whats his price point?

We have "THE BOX" that you have pictures to the right in the first picture at all our workstations and they have held up well.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think I payed only $320 a box. Included holes for a hundred HP burrs, and friction grip, hangers, electrical system (two switches, and three lights).

Dudes name is Dan @ I&Y Dental Studio in Solon, OH. Bunch of crazy Russian guys. Igor and Yuri are the brother who own the Lab. Dan works there and does metal work. He takes great pride in all things he does. He had a few of "The Box" and did not like them, and so he designed his own.

(440) 248-8188

Do you flip you glass around, or swap the bottom and top of your "the Box"? I do not like the box, because all heavy gold goes flying right out. The direction of my handpiece shoots all the dust right into my face.

"The Box" simply does nothing IMO. Does not help with noise either. I own two of them ("The Box") The one you see is only used for a water spraying high-speed. Nothing with dust. I do not like it very much anymore.
Scott

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Holy Crap that's a bargain at $320!
I have a couple of the Elite Dental stations and they were 3-4 times that!
Thanks for sharing this.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think I payed only $320 a box. Included holes for a hundred HP burrs, and friction grip, hangers, electrical system (two switches, and three lights).

Dudes name is Dan @ I&Y Dental Studio in Solon, OH. Bunch of crazy Russian guys. Igor and Yuri are the brother who own the Lab. Dan works there and does metal work. He takes great pride in all things he does. He had a few of "The Box" and did not like them, and so he designed his own.

(440) 248-8188

Do you flip you glass around, or swap the bottom and top of your "the Box"? I do not like the box, because all heavy gold goes flying right out. The direction of my handpiece shoots all the dust right into my face.

"The Box" simply does nothing IMO. Does not help with noise either. I own two of them ("The Box") The one you see is only used for a water spraying high-speed. Nothing with dust. I do not like it very much anymore.
Scott

Our box has a plastic shield that extends down from the glass and helps the splash back you referred to. We have new vanimans for each station and they are very loud on the highest speed, which we rarely use. We plumbed our suction with solid PVC not the pool hose that you have. The pool hose I have used in the past and it whistled too much for us and seemed to catch our grinding before going into the accumulator.

For the price that this guys is making them for I might have to get a couple to check them out.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can't hear the whistle with the enclosed box. I'm using vacuum hose from Home Depot.

Other stations do have hard PVC, but as my lab grows, I keep reconfiguring everything, and the flexible hose is so easy to take down and reconnect to clean carpet, or adjust workstations for each employee.

I really want a gitarded central vacuum from Torit, and stick it outside, with 100% PVC tubes, but I can never decide on my configuration. Torit Cartridge Type Dust Collectors

We make a few pounds of dust everyday. Probably close to ten pounds!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
PVC plumbing is a good one... although I still use a hose to connect the pipe at the end.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
This is one of our Zirconia boxes.

Black foot pedel is for vacuum, three for air control, and of course an electric foot.

My first thought was "Phantom of the Opera" - looks like the driving seat of a church organ

C

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The foot-operated puffer is the best thing we have in the box. For over a decade, I was holding crowns up to my mouth and blowing dust off. No more.

banner and navigation frame

Dan makes R/C boats, but I'm telling ya he can make just about anything for cheap. Nice guy!

Scott

L

LYNWOOD

Reaction score
Scott,
How big is the box overall? I am checking to see if I can fit one in.
I have a the box and not pleased. Also are the arm holes comfortable?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0840.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0841.jpg
\

Tool cart I made for the Haas....

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0839.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0840.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0841.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0839.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have Four of these now BTW.

Ordered yet another!

Dan = teh Man!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
That is really sweet what are the arm holes? I'm redesigning my bench box again & like some of this design. The top is it glass or plastic. Mine is smaller but I went thru several Home Depot Lexan Polycarbonate windows and currently have a 8x10 from edmunds I use a magnifier a lot and the Lexan had wierd optical properties. Clear Optical Cast Plastic Windows | Edmund Optics
My suction has to be on the back as I have a sliding tray I need to clean out all the time. I was thinking of using one of those Flexible Ball Socket Joint Tubing to more directly control the point of the suction,for dust. I thought the 3/4" would concentrate the collection better Aquarium Plumbing: Flexible Ball Socket Joint Tubing and Accessories
I used a 1/4" with 2 noszzes to improve the argon pillow in my laserstar.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Fabric sewn onto a metal ring that expands into the hole.

(arm-cuffs)

Very very quite box. Can hardly hear the vacuum and handpieces.

Top is Glass.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Is that a question, or a statement?

What are you refering to? The grinding box, or my tool cart?

The very first post explains where it came from. (Grinding box)

Dan does custom orders, and I have one that drops off a high table to lower the work area.

I have Four boxes, and all are different.

The tool cart, I made the top wooden section to hold tools and lamp and my fixture for placing tools into the ISO 20 taper toolholder. (Blue Techniks gizmo.) I did make that, and I further modified Dan's grinding boxes with many changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.