Crowns are tighten in insertion

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I pull shimstock through on my contacts, but I get complaints its too tight and that they want floss to snap through, if floss snaps, then shimstock wont hold, not to mention that theres barely any contact at all.
Ya food impaction next. Heard this tip from Dr. Jack Preston, Editor of our dental ceramics bible years back " Symposium on Dental Ceramics" i think. Was such a valuable reference to go to. Everyone one under the sun of value submitted articles to it.
He would walk the floor examining dental students performance at UCLA and if something didn't hold shimstock, re-do, period. He put on the best lecture i ever attended, "Color in Dentistry" a full two day event. He ended the 2nd day informing all that he was in fact color blind. He would get staff to assess Hue but he was a Hawk with value. The presentation ended with "Thank Hue" It was so informative on Many levels.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
ah the expectation of perfection in an imperfect world.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
But yet we strive...
As long as we're reimbursed for that time and quality, and not giving it away, along with neglecting our health, well-being, or families.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
But yet we strive...
One Dr who was a friend of my Dad said at the end, "A2 is A2" Such an idiot after that presentation. Made me realize they were out there in throves. Sad and yet when a shade is off in any direction they can't communicate 1 % to where things need to be.
Had a Dr. once giving me a shade for a single central w porcelain marigin. Man that came back so many times I had to skip a mortgage payment that month. He was " The Authority"
Ended finally in my driving an hour, taking a photo shoot with my $4K camera and low and behold was like an A1.5. probably closer to 1M2 but ZERO C in the shade whatsoever. I never forgot that Pt or Dr. to this day. He tried to catch me up for Any mistake for 30 years. He lost at that but seriously if any of our Drs a had someone interviewing there work constantly, they would get a "Feel" for what we experience daily in our labs.

Same office then asked me to drive in and take a photo shoot for a Pt. By the time I got back to the lab, got a message, Pt decided to whiten instead. No words here now, children were present.
I have decided recently to induct more " Weed & Feed" which is sad but a realty. People who feel they can waste Our time can freely go elsewhere but I truly hope not to your locall. God bless this network because it "Works "
I Would be less informed, more dismall and just sad if it weren't for All of you out there. Some lines from HomeAlone are punching right now but I'll leave that for another day. Have a great evening all the same. 🙂🎄

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
One Dr who was a friend of my Dad said at the end, "A2 is A2" Such an idiot after that presentation. Made me realize they were out there in throves. Sad and yet when a shade is off in any direction they can't communicate 1 % to where things need to be.
Had a Dr. once giving me a shade for a single central w porcelain marigin. Man that came back so many times I had to skip a mortgage payment that month. He was " The Authority"
Ended finally in my driving an hour, taking a photo shoot with my $4K camera and low and behold was like an A1.5. probably closer to 1M2 but ZERO C in the shade whatsoever. I never forgot that Pt or Dr. to this day. He tried to catch me up for Any mistake for 30 years. He lost at that but seriously if any of our Drs a had someone interviewing there work constantly, they would get a "Feel" for what we experience daily in our labs.

Same office then asked me to drive in and take a photo shoot for a Pt. By the time I got back to the lab, got a message, Pt decided to whiten instead. No words here now, children were present.
I have decided recently to induct more " Weed & Feed" which is sad but a realty. People who feel they can waste Our time can freely go elsewhere but I truly hope not to your locall. God bless this network because it "Works "
I Would be less informed, more dismall and just sad if it weren't for All of you out there. Some lines from HomeAlone are punching right now but I'll leave that for another day. Have a great evening all the same. 🙂🎄
Why didn’t you just charge for the shade check anyway? That’s happened to me numerous times - sometimes the patient decides not to go through with the crowns or whiten or whatever - doesn’t matter - if you preform a service, charge for the service. The rest is between the dr and patient

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Fe
George Costanza Festival GIF

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Did your drill compensation setting get changed accidentally? Should be 1.2mm

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
my mill was remotely checked and milled that cubic wax and measurements was within limits, increased cement spacer by 25 microns, on track to solve, sintering furnace is fine

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
RKM, a textbook anti-dentite..
w=500

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Why didn’t you just charge for the shade check anyway? That’s happened to me numerous times - sometimes the patient decides not to go through with the crowns or whiten or whatever - doesn’t matter - if you preform a service, charge for the service. The rest is between the dr and patient
That, unfortunately would have been totally frowned upon. Was really a choice of keeping a client or not. Today- Bye Bye, Yippe Ki Yay...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
That, unfortunately would have been totally frowned upon. Was really a choice of keeping a client or not. Today- Bye Bye, Yippe Ki Yay...
This client always had a train axel up his ... There was a great moment in my life however, a similar Dr. was seated at the head table, wouldn't allow a lab to trim his dies - Ever. The guest of honor was Dr. Harold M Shavell https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/authored-by/Shavell/Harold+M.
Who welcomed me with a Huge hug in front of that IGMO
Was a delightful and memorable moment.
Dr. Shavell was the best dentist I have ever witnessed, and there are others also that I think must have come from somewhere else because they can truly do magic. Pure and simple, Talent

Top Bottom