Straumann Implant BDG Loose

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Dr. sent a case back that we had made with bdg/bar variobases from straumann, said it rocked,etc. I had him take a new impression and made a whole new bdg., I cemented together on the model with variobases tightened into model. i adjusted inside of crowns to accomodate path of insertion on divergent implants. Now pt. say bdg moves and changes his bite? The dr. says screws are tight and doesn't know how it is moving? Any one have any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
As the variobases conical shaped or do they look like the single crown variobases except they are non engaging in the implant?

The divergence of the implants shouldn't matter with non engaging abutments. You don't want to adjust the inside the crowns.

This sounds like one of the implants isn't oseointegrated anymore.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score

This sounds like one of the implants isn't oseointegrated anymore.

If the screws are tight and it doesn't move on the model then the implants are the only thing left that can move right? That sounds... not fun for the patient. If the implant fails and the lab has made two bridges already for this thing, who normally eats the cost on that?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If the screws are tight and it doesn't move on the model then the implants are the only thing left that can move right? That sounds... not fun for the patient. If the implant fails and the lab has made two bridges already for this thing, who normally eats the cost on that?
It wouldn’t be me.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The fluke storm that brought down Gertie eventually led to the armistice day storm that is referred to as “the day the duck hunters died” by waterfowl hunters.
It swept across the Midwest and killed over 100 people, many of them duck hunters caught out in it unprepared.

Last edited:
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Everything on X-ray looks good? I am remaking with custom abutments, as first ones were DESS Aurum bases. It was glued onto the abutments while screwed into the model. One more try, good customer and great patient with a lot of patience. Damn english makes that sound wierd or just me? Dr has a lot of patients also:oops:

Top Bottom