Continuing milling after bur break

H

HastingsImplants

Reaction score
My Roland dwx51d just continues to mill after breaking a bur Is this normal as it means starting all over againAny help would be appreciated

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
It's normal, the mill doesn't know it broke until it switches tools which is when it checks the tool.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Dont expect any mills in the dental field to sens e broken bur and stop milling without measuring the tool. I know some cam software allows you to program burr check inbetween certain portions of milling. But our mills dont have sensors in the spindle to sense a difference in feedback.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there are many ways to check this during milling. Acoustic sensors, thermal imaging, load line draw, torque sensors, laser pointers, and others.

none come with your mill.

all of which are also not baked into your CAM, so even if they did come with your mill, your software wouldn't use it.

in order to use it intelligently you need to become a milling expert.

the kind of expert that makes their own custom toolpaths, has a favourite collet, spends all their time improving quality output of the mill, and gets hard when parts come out just right.

this is not most dental techs idea of a good time. most dental techs want to press the button and calculate the project. then press start on the mill and go add porcelain to their yesterday's work and get hard when they hit that perfect A2

they ignore the machine. so the machine is cheap enough to ignore.

this has been a certified CHL rant. have a good evening.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
there are many ways to check this during milling. Acoustic sensors, thermal imaging, load line draw, torque sensors, laser pointers, and others.

none come with your mill.

all of which are also not baked into your CAM, so even if they did come with your mill, your software wouldn't use it.

in order to use it intelligently you need to become a milling expert.

the kind of expert that makes their own custom toolpaths, has a favourite collet, spends all their time improving quality output of the mill, and gets hard when parts come out just right.

this is not most dental techs idea of a good time. most dental techs want to press the button and calculate the project. then press start on the mill and go add porcelain to their yesterday's work and get hard when they hit that perfect A2

they ignore the machine. so the machine is cheap enough to ignore.

this has been a certified CHL rant. have a good evening.
Wish I had time to geek out on the CAM software. I would love to eliminate all the unnecessary tool changes.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Wish I had time to geek out on the CAM software. I would love to eliminate all the unnecessary tool changes.
and streamline the tool path calculations

Top Bottom