CHEAP MILLING MATERIAL AND LOCAL SUPPLIER

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
I want to get some cheap soft pucks to practice with on our Roland. Local so it won't take long to ship. Any idea on material and supplier? I don't really want to practice on wax so I guess I need to practice on Zirconia since we will eventually be milling it, so I am just looking for a cheap product.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
maybe i'll be branded an outlaw here, but you could always practice on chinese zirconia, then when the time comes to do money-making stuff get something local like Talladium brand or Metoxit, or Bruxzir.

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Let me know what you find on cheap wax pucks??? We mill wax pucks also.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
There are new Model Disks to mill. Cool material.

Scott

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
How much is everyone paying for wax and zirconia blanks...
10mm for example...

M

macminn

Reaction score
You cutting that stuff with a power mitre saw?

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
You cutting that stuff with a power mitre saw?

Yep. No melting, no chipping. I wouldn't have believed it had I not tried it, plus with the 104 mm I ended up using the model trimmer to get it down to 98 with no residue or gumming up. Any adjustments we make after the units are milled are done with a hand piece instead of a hot wax carver, unless an add-on is needed of course. Or you could just spend $22 a puck and not bother with it.

B

BIGTIME

Reaction score
We have a sample mill product for calibrating similar to the consistancy of PMMA for aroud $15?
and great price's on ZR from Dental Direkt too.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Kara we are selling PMMA, wax, zirconia and tools for the DWX 50.
Bob

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I want to get some cheap soft pucks to practice with on our Roland. Local so it won't take long to ship. Any idea on material and supplier? I don't really want to practice on wax so I guess I need to practice on Zirconia since we will eventually be milling it, so I am just looking for a cheap product.

Hi,
No need to practice. The mill works great. Just jump in and mill your cases. it will work out.
Bob

Top Bottom