Ceramco 3 enamel question

L

Luis Quintero

Reaction score
Hi, im new in this and i'm using ceramco 3 as My first porcelain, My question is, is Super clear/extra light, clear/light, the same? Is it just a new presentation or is it a totaly diferent porcelain?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi, im new in this and i'm using ceramco 3 as My first porcelain, My question is, is Super clear/extra light, clear/light, the same? Is it just a new presentation or is it a totaly diferent porcelain?
Since you're new to this i'll be gentle...mix some of your super clear/extra light up and do the same for clear/light and fire them. Just fire them on soft tray, a couple blobs per say to compare/contrast the differences. This is also done to make sure you are firing at the right temperature as well. They used to make a little dabber back in the day to help with this but this is the most accurate way and knowing your materials and what they do is the biggest hurdle in ceramics. Also, just when you get your ceramco 3 figured out and feel comfortable, the boss will probably switch porcelains on you and you get to start all over again....

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Since you're new to this i'll be gentle...mix some of your super clear/extra light up and do the same for clear/light and fire them. Just fire them on soft tray, a couple blobs per say to compare/contrast the differences. This is also done to make sure you are firing at the right temperature as well. They used to make a little dabber back in the day to help with this but this is the most accurate way and knowing your materials and what they do is the biggest hurdle in ceramics. Also, just when you get your ceramco 3 figured out and feel comfortable, the boss will probably switch porcelains on you and you get to start all over again....
lol to the boss changing porc systems. Also lol bc the manufacture will discontinue cough cough Dentsply cermaco 3 pfz

Last edited:
L

Luis Quintero

Reaction score
I did what You said and now i get it, thanks, and don't worry about the boss thing, i'm the boss lol

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Use a large washer, fill the center hole with the porc mix, dry, pop out and fire. Super simple shade tab maker.
We went all out and designed a comprehensive shade sample set for the entire Miyo + Miyo Pink lines.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg

There's even a little multi-tiered display/storage rack system, but I'm still working the kinks out on that one.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We went all out and designed a comprehensive shade sample set for the entire Miyo + Miyo Pink lines.

View attachment 44391

There's even a little multi-tiered display/storage rack system, but I'm still working the kinks out on that one.
Not too bad :) I used old shade guides, cut the tabs off, and where needed, flipped the tabs over to use a #2 round bur to create the new shade, Inc shade etc. IDs. The Ivoclar guides were really cheap, so I bought a couple of those. Way back when, one of the smaller companies designed a stepped rack for guides, which I still use today.

IMG_3071.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom