Cement retained Cantilever bridges

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi All, Was just looking for peoples thoughts as to whether cement retained emax cantilever bridges on Zi abutments is a good idea or is metal on metal the only way to go
with these type of restorations.

thanks all jeff

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Emax cantilever is contraindicated.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi All, Was just looking for peoples thoughts as to whether cement retained emax cantilever bridges on Zi abutments is a good idea or is metal on metal the only way to go
with these type of restorations.

thanks all jeff

Hi Jeff

I don't have an implant placed in my mouth but I do have a Cantilever Emax bridge in the anterior area. #6 never grew out in its original location due to a broken baby tooth so it decided to come out in #7 location leaving me with two cuspids and one lateral. Just before I got married on 9-10-11 I had my Doc prep down the cuspid in #7' location down enough to change it to a lateral, then we cantilevered #6 off of #7 and till today I have had no issues. Yes it has only been about 1 year and 8 months, it can work under the right circumstances. Now keep in mind I would stop at the fist bi-cuspid due to pressure the posterior teeth take one. Also keep in mind the if the abutment is gonna have thin walls maybe another course of action is needed. Like a Ti abutment and a Zr cantilever bridge for more added strength. The thicker walled Zr abutment will be better suited for more sub-structural strength.

Yes it is possible but not all cases are probable.

Sevan

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Fair point:) with regards to implant cement retained cantilever restorations, is PFM type restorations using metal abutments the best option.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
thanks Seven. I was considering an upper lateral to central case. plenty of room on palatal for connector thickness and the abutment will be quite wide, also bite is good. Was just concerned about the bond to the Zi

jeff

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
thanks Seven. I was considering an upper lateral to central case. plenty of room on palatal for connector thickness and the abutment will be quite wide, also bite is good. Was just concerned about the bond to the Zi

jeff

You may be able to have success with it. It will have to be conventionally cemented
as there is no bonding to Zr.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
why not build a lingual rest seat in to the neighboring tooth of the pontic and wax some support into it... like a wing only deep....

Top Bottom