CAD partial dentures

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I have a quick question. Can anyone please verify if acrylic partial dentures like flippers and other claspless variations can be designed in exocad or 3shape?
I am asking because InLab currently does not have this but I was told that it is possible with some software.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes, they can

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
I have a quick question. Can anyone please verify if acrylic partial dentures like flippers and other claspless variations can be designed in exocad or 3shape?
I am asking because InLab currently does not have this but I was told that it is possible with some software.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has used both and willing to share their opinion about which one is best for denture work?

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
1707408731574.png 1707408742437.png
I made these in 3 shape we were just messing around with our printer and our thickness if we ever did print flippers. I think its super easy the 3shape software does alot of it for you I did this with just the help of youtube.

Karl60

Karl60

Reaction score
Yes, both exocad and 3Shape can design acrylic partial dentures, including flippers and claspless variations. While InLab may not offer this feature, both exocad and 3Shape are viable options. I'd suggest to explore demos or consult with others here to determine which best suits your needs.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have used both, 3shape and exo. 3shape uses the denture i designed as their manufacturing demo. since parting ways with that company and learning exo i can say i like exo's workflow a bit more, as its more closely mimicking what an analog worker would do to manufacture such a thing.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I've designed dentures and partials in exocad and 3shape. I'm an exocad guy through and through but I think 3Shapes denture module is far superior to exocad's. I like exocad better for partials though.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use both as well...I do dentures with 3shape, much more options than exocad. I use exocad for everything else, including partials,crowns,implants.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Any specific feedback with clasp design for flippers and partials in regards to braking off. Is their a magic thickness value for clasp?

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
I've designed dentures and partials in exocad and 3shape. I'm an exocad guy through and through but I think 3Shapes denture module is far superior to exocad's. I like exocad better for partials though.
I agree I love exocad wouldn’t work without it but 3shape makes dentures stupid easy