3Shape or Exocad for producing dentures?

• Thread starter denturistfromholland
  • Start date
D

denturistfromholland

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Happy to be a part of dentallabnetwork.com
I am planning to get in to the digital workflow. My main goal is to produce (full/partials/on implants) dentures by eventually printing/milling. The question is which software would be more effective and easier to use for this task, 3Shape or Exocad. I did try both of them a little bit but nog extensively. Could anyone please share their experiences.

Thank you

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I had exocad denture module and it was ok but very iffy. changes to the occlusal plane were very difficult had to go back ot the origin and do it all over again. 3_Shape gives us the ability to make changes on the fly and then redesign. I bought the blueline license and it is quite good but comes with only predefined setups but you can still change size and do other things with it. We are quite likking our 3_shape software and are using Flexcerra resins with Asiga max printer. So far so good. Post cure using the ottoflash.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
I only use 3shape for dentures, and I don't use exocad. My understanding is that the 3shape removable modules are the only thing keeping technicians from moving to exocad in a mass exodus.