Cad Options for Maryland Bridges

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I got a case in for a MB, 7-10, with 7, 8, and 10 being retainer wings. So I go into my DW hunting for a MB option. Nothing listed. I know some of you have designed stuff like this on your software. Does Exo or 3Shape have this capability? Maybe I'm not choosing the right design element. Is it even possible?

Thanks!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
In exo 9 as pontic and the rest as splinted veneers.

Thanks 2th...somehow I knew you would have an answer. I'll see what my software can do following this logic. I was thinking of doing zirc and trying some of the new etching materials...not real familiar with those even though they say that they etch. Dontknow

A

adl

Reaction score
I got a case in for a MB, 7-10, with 7, 8, and 10 being retainer wings. So I go into my DW hunting for a MB option. Nothing listed. I know some of you have designed stuff like this on your software. Does Exo or 3Shape have this capability? Maybe I'm not choosing the right design element. Is it even possible?

Thanks!
In 3Shape you use tabletops for the wings. Mark your annotations on the facial as normal. Unsectioned model.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
In Dental Wings, set it as inlay for the wings and a pontic for the missing tooth then click on all to create bridge.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I do most of my Marylands in exocad. Select offset inlay for the wing .5mm minimum thickness and minimum cement space and reduced pontic for the abutment, works beautifully.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depending on just how extensively or conservatively the prep is, 3shape's plan would be copings, horizontal insertion, and a pontic. i like to scan dies in if its prepped. if not, unsectioned is fine.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Got everything scanned and designed ok. Unfortunately, the zirconia framework did not fit. Not even close. Came from Argen. Rather than fight the sintering issues, which I think might be the culprit, I am getting it done this time with the SLM non precious. If that doesn't work, it's back to waxing & casting with the old Rex III.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Bummer, curious how were you going to bond those wings by using zirconium?...why not e.max?... At least you can etch the metal though. I'm curious as well, did you use the same scan and design for the slm? If so, then you'd know if there sintering has an issue, saying the slm fits.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Bummer, curious how were you going to bond those wings by using zirconium?...why not e.max?... At least you can etch the metal though. I'm curious as well, did you use the same scan and design for the slm? If so, then you'd know if there sintering has an issue, saying the slm fits.
Try zbond from Bisco

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I press all my marylands in Emax. The wings are modified.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

I did press with Emax, but the wings broke at the connector between 7 & 8. I had ample thickness here but still broke. I've done emax on 3 units with success but never attempted to double-abut with one.

I've never tried the zirconia on these, but with the new bonding materials such as Zbond as 2th mentioned, I was going to give it a shot. So, since that thing warped I resent the same file for SLM. For some reason I keep getting emails from Argen about corrupt files. Tired of the back and forth...going analog now!

upload_2016-12-9_8-26-38.gif

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I did press with Emax, but the wings broke at the connector between 7 & 8. I had ample thickness here but still broke. I've done emax on 3 units with success but never attempted to double-abut with one.

I've never tried the zirconia on these, but with the new bonding materials such as Zbond as 2th mentioned, I was going to give it a shot. So, since that thing warped I resent the same file for SLM. For some reason I keep getting emails from Argen about corrupt files. Tired of the back and forth...going analog now!

View attachment 24227
Are you using Magics to fix that mesh or is that a screenshot from Argen?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

View attachment 24227
Refractory model works great with these type of restorations. Hang in there brother, it's Friday.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
3shape, splinted veneers/pontic with annotations on the ling.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
some notes: all of those open triangles can be fixed with better spacer settings. well, probably all. that program seems to have detected your margin gap as different from actual die spacer, meaning even if it was manufactured it would never fit properly without adjusting.

maybe i'll make a post about this in the 3shape group.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's not the best design for an emax option.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
My solution for all those digital problems.

IMG_1383.JPG

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Increase the cement gap and apply a very thin layer of low fusing correction porcelain on the wings. I use VM9 correction. Then, the Zirconium bridge can be bonded.

Top Bottom