Best Impression Technique

K

kevinmelles

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I was posed this question by a dentist?

1-What is the best impression material for crown preps?

2- If a use a blue mouse before preping tooth, than use it to make a temporary, than use it with to take the final impression will it make my crowns high?

She is having problems with crowns coming from the lab high, she is having to reduce the occlusion a lot. Any comments, suggestions, anything will help.
Thanks. KM

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Pass this article from Dr. Christensen along to your Dr. Ask Dr. Christensen - Dental Economics

I've had several issues with triple trays, from distorted models to high crowns. If I can get Drs. who insist on using triple trays to follow Dr. Christensen's guidelines along with the Monotrac system on my end single unit posteriors will drop right in.

I think the high crowns are due to the refilling of the tray for the final imp. The is no guarantee the tray has seated completely and just the expansion of the light body could be enough cause problems. I've had Drs who used this technique, we've converted some and lost some and I'll bet the converted ones are happier than the ones who left.

The sideless trays are critical to a good TT imp also. Trays with sidewalls will flex outward if not wide enough to clear the tissue area. When the imp is removed the tray will return to it's original shape causing a distorted model and a crow that will not seat, not to mention a frustrated Dr.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I hit post too soon, doing this on an iPod. I hope this helps you and your dr. Sometimes backing up your suggestions with a well respected Drs article helps change to take place easier and quicker, I know this article alone has helped me and many of my docs.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Since most of the Doctors i work for have switched to Coltene/Whaledent Affinis, everythings going perfect.

Top Bottom