Bego Steamer?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this steamer? We go through a steamer a year, and would REALLY like to find a reliable steamer. Would like some more info before committing 5k to a steamer though. thanks.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
We eat steamers... I don't know why..they all seem to go belly up after a few years..could be our water.
I think its just the nature of the beast..cheap or expensive they all eventually fail.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We eat steamers... I don't know why..they all seem to go belly up after a few years..could be our water.
I think its just the nature of the beast..cheap or expensive they all eventually fail.

Distilled H2O makes them last longer,

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Up here a 'steamer" means something completely different.

Especially after a big turkey dinner and 6 inches of snow on the ground.......

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I don't think we've had one last even 2 years yet. Sigh

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
No not tap water

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So what's a Canadian steamer? My brain isn't very creative lately

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this steamer? We go through a steamer a year, and would REALLY like to find a reliable steamer. Would like some more info before committing 5k to a steamer though. thanks.

We have had the same experience. Repairs needed after a year on expensive steamers. Hopefully this thread will result in some good brands or helpful tips.

E

Elab

Reaction score
4 or 5 years ago I bought a Reliable i702C steamer. Zero problems since day one. 12 ga wiring throughout, all stainless steel, gun and foot control, 2 heating elements (ones a spare) just switch the wires and your up and running if one goes out. Never had that happen. If the gun stops working you can use the foot control. Never had to do that, but I love the built in redundancy in case there is a problem. Amazon $1299 free shipping. I would positively buy another one if needed. Best steamer I've ever had.

General Information

Manufacturer
Reliable
Manufacturer Part Number
i702C
Product Line
Steam Cleaner
Product Namei702C
Marketing Information

The i702C is the industries most flexible jewelry steam cleaner. The i702C has been designed from the ground up to deliver superior quality steam, and provide the best possible user experience. It comes complete with our adjustable steam nozzle with foot pedal, and with a steam gun.
The i702C offers a quick, efficient way of cleaning polishing compounds, fingerprints, soap spots and dirt.
RELIABLE understands that the quality of a steam cleaner is only as good (no matter how nice it looks) as what is inside it. This is why we use the best components available; 12-gauge wiring throughout, a ceramic (not plastic) terminal block, Teddington pressure control and an all stainless steel steam tank to eliminate the chance of rust.

Best used for:
Cleaning all types of compounds, fingerprints, soap spots and dirt
Features
  • 2-built-in steam solenoid valves
  • Adjustable nozzle and electronic foot pedal
  • Steam gun
  • Automatic shut-off - with low water light indicator
  • Teddington pressure control
  • Built-in spare element
  • Blow-down valve - regular tap water
  • Pressure gauge manometer
  • Up to 70 p.s.i. operating pressure = DRY STEAM
  • 12-gauge heavy-duty wiring, ceramic terminal block
  • Quick disconnect fittings for steam hose - 4-pin (quick disconnect) plug for electrical connections
Specifications
  • Electrical 120V
  • Water capacity 2.37 U.S. gallons - 9L
  • Operating pressure Up to 70 p.s.i.
  • Elements 2 - 1,200W each (1 spare)
  • Power consumption 12 amps
  • Tank construction Stainless steel
  • Low water indicator Standard
  • Steam connector type Quick-release (for i37 gun)
  • Electrical approval ETL
  • Country of origin Italy
  • Dimensions - net 14” x 12.5” x 20.5”
  • Weight - net 31 lbs
  • Shipping dimensions 16” x 15” x 25”
  • Shipping weight 35 lbs

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Distilled H2O makes them last longer,
They actually suggest use "Demineralised Water" so this is water with all the mineral ions removed .....some manufacturers say you don't need it. My feeling is there is galvanic corrosion either way once you run an electric current through the water and this is where the fun begins. I think I have had 5 steamers through the last 15 years or so and they all seem to last about 2-3 years before they pack it in. Considering how simple they are its a wonder why they are just trashed or not worth fixing in the end, but they all seem mostly to be unfixable.. I think also the heat just trashes the electronics. Either way I don't expect them to last forever and it beats the old way we use to clean stuff!

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I haven't used the bego one, but I've got an Italian one that is maybe 15yrs old "Plyno" http://www.plyno.it/eng/gv_li.html it's had a few repairs but nothing major. The price in the UK is £700 ish

Oh, and we only put tap water in it without any issues and the water round here is full of nitrates that dissolve copper hot water cylinders in a few years.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Demineralized or deionized water can still have organic compounds in it.
Distilled water is a bit purer. Either/or, the nature of water is going to affect
the composition of the metal heating tank.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Yes I agree... water in a metal recepticle and electric current = some form of corrosion and what type depends on the water content.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Have had the Bego for 4 years now with no issues. Direct water line hooked to it, clean with their
Calcium solution every 3 months. No issues at all. Good investment. Paid $3400 for mine from Lincoln Dental Supply.