before I apply porc. to a zir coping,...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Why can't you strip a zirc crown in acid? It dosen't etch so it would seem to me that stripping solution wouldn't harm it.
No?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Fresh start today. I was stressing out over some cases, working long hours and just forgot to eat anything yesterday. I was getting quite concerned because I could tell my thoughts were really not making much sence.

Take care of yourselves!!!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We feel your pain! Glad you're o.k.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Last zir crown I did I dusted the zir liner on just like I do with the bond coat for emax.

I use a 000 smileline stain brush and tried using opaquing instrument which works just as well .. The key to using Zirliner is using Zirliner Build-Up Liquid

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Why can't you strip a zirc crown in acid? It dosen't etch so it would seem to me that stripping solution wouldn't harm it.
No?

That's what I've always done. When Lava first came out I threw some copings in acid
and left them in it for several days. Wanted to see if it affected the coloring.
Nada.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How do you strip porcelain off zir ?... haven't had the need to do that yet .....

Strip-it works, or if I'm ticked off at one of my junior techs I make them grind it :D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Strip-it works, or if I'm ticked off at one of my junior techs I make them grind it :D

So you tell them to " strip it and grind it" ?......boy that brass pole is sure coming in handy! :dancing2:

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Fresh start today. I was stressing out over some cases, working long hours and just forgot to eat anything yesterday. I was getting quite concerned because I could tell my thoughts were really not making much sence.

Take care of yourselves!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better, my brain gets a bit foggy at times when I havent eaten and stressed. Get some R&R

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Stripping zirconia involves grinding and lots of it. It also sucks!

C

charles007

Reaction score
I don't make mistakes in my lab lol

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I know each ceramic has its own set of working instructions but Emax Ceram 100% requires zirliner to successfully
Bond correctly and long term to Zr. I've heard a lot of techs in the past talk about it like its unnecessary but it was developed for more than helping out the shade. I've used fluo glaze as a wash bake on Emax press before though.