Atlantis Alternative?

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Is there an alternative custom abutment supplier to Atlantis/Dentsply for Astra Tech EV?

Dentsply/Atlantis is EXPENSIVE!

Ken

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Tru Abutment now is doing ev ti base and ti abutments. No analogs just selling ti bases and making custom Ti abutments and markers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Tru Abutment now is doing ev ti base and ti abutments. No analogs just selling ti bases and making custom Ti abutments and markers.

Great, will call them at 9:00.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Great, will call them at 9:00.
Anytime, I bought all sizes from them and did a ti base screw retained crown. Everything went smoothly.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Anytime, I bought all sizes from them and did a ti base screw retained crown. Everything went smoothly.

Glidewell Direct could make the abutment by sending the case to Dentsply, $100 more than sending case directly to Atlantis!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Blahahahahahaha what a joke, who would send them a case at that price!

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Just ran into this last week, ended up using imilling for an Astra EV Ti base. Worked great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score

Hush...........this is the best kept secret.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hahaha not for long, lab day west is just around the corner. They just launched that line not even a month ago.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
It has taken us almost 2 years to do this so don't hold your breath. Every platform needs to get tested and validated and approved by the fda as well as the ti bases versus custom milled interfaces. Plus all screws to. This is not to be taken litely if you have a failure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
They told me in Chicago they are building a new facility in CA. I bought all the scan markers also and use the for screw ret'd worked great,

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
They told me in Chicago they are building a new facility in CA. I bought all the scan markers also and use the for screw ret'd worked great,

Who? Tru Abutment? Yes a new facility in Irvine, should be up and running in a few.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Abutment direct makes custom gold hue ones and are fairly affordable and good. I've done both and I think they are similar in workmanship. Maybe Atlantis is slightly nicer but you can't design in 3shape and that drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Anyone know where u can purchase non-engaging ti bases for the EV line, have a couple screw retained bdg's to do. Thanks in Advance!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Anyone know where u can purchase non-engaging ti bases for the EV line, have a couple screw retained bdg's to do. Thanks in Advance!
Call tru abutment

They got markers and ti bases, engaging and non in 3.5 and 5.5mm heights

Talk to katie, tell her sevan sent you.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I spoke to tony the other day, they do not have non-engaging for EV. He said he could mill custom abut's non-engaging and use those for bdg. I also tried to get non-engaging for RC straumann, no deal even though they are in the book I received from them in Chicago. I want to use scan bodies and choose geometry from library as scanning those small round abut's is a pain in the #ss. If anybody has a company doing this I haven't been able to find.
I am not a huge fan of the support from Straumann, but they do have a good product, I had rep. in the other day and they offered to be my partner for all things implants, even GIVE me the scan bodies free if I order 25 ti bases. Sooooo the company that sued NT trading is now going to mill other implant platforms with Medentika i believe??? Pricing seems in line, but I haven't had the greatest support with them in the past, I asked them for the variobase non-engaging platform library, not available?? I wonder how they do them at their facility?? By the way, what is the average cost for Ti bases?? Glidewell is the cheapest, but I did not have good results with those. I am currently getting them for 50-60$ +shipping. When I order one it's close to 70$, unless i stock them and guess which ones I need thus lower shipping costs.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I spoke to tony the other day, they do not have non-engaging for EV. He said he could mill custom abut's non-engaging and use those for bdg. I also tried to get non-engaging for RC straumann, no deal even though they are in the book I received from them in Chicago. I want to use scan bodies and choose geometry from library as scanning those small round abut's is a pain in the #ss. If anybody has a company doing this I haven't been able to find.
I am not a huge fan of the support from Straumann, but they do have a good product, I had rep. in the other day and they offered to be my partner for all things implants, even GIVE me the scan bodies free if I order 25 ti bases. Sooooo the company that sued NT trading is now going to mill other implant platforms with Medentika i believe??? Pricing seems in line, but I haven't had the greatest support with them in the past, I asked them for the variobase non-engaging platform library, not available?? I wonder how they do them at their facility?? By the way, what is the average cost for Ti bases?? Glidewell is the cheapest, but I did not have good results with those. I am currently getting them for 50-60$ +shipping. When I order one it's close to 70$, unless i stock them and guess which ones I need thus lower shipping costs.
On ones that don't have non engaging I usually grind off or round off the interface connections. Usually when a company like straumann does them in house, they will not release it right away as it is a proprietary part. Also the dme might have the multi unit opt-in the the library disabled. I know nobel does, then you have to scan the ti bases in as dies and manually place the holes.