Artimax articulator

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I have the Artimax quadrant articulators for a while and recently the pins sit so tight that I can't push them out amymore unless I use excessive force. The last batch of models actually were so tight, that they didn't even fit back in the tray anymore. There is a gap between the base of the model and the plastic base. Does anyone has the same experience and how do you fix that problem?

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
Hey there. I use Artimax as well, one thing I recommend is that when you place the pins (prior to pouring the stone) gently break the pins through the plastic. Don't force them through with a hammer if you know what I mean. I lightly tap them through with the base of my spatula. That way they'll always seat perfectly. Hope that helps.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Agreed,I prefer the artimax to Monotrac.Less parts and much faster.

The pins are an advantage when using a dip pot and you use much less stone.

I place the pins with a knife handle.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
We used to do that too. Just a push with a knife handle. Always worked. The previous batch of artimax started to give me problems, but it was just hard to push the die out. The new batch of articulators now are almost impossible to handle. We now push the pins through the hole as always and then push them back out. We then re-insert them just by pushing with a finger with slight pressure. That works, but my model gal had to redo a days of work, because she forgot to push the pins out and re-insert. I could not get the model to seat on the plastic base. There was 1 mm gap and even the hardest pressure couln't seat the dies. I waisted time rubberwheeling the pins, grinding inside the hole and just ended up throwing them in the garbage.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We have been using Artimax for years. What we do to solve that problem is seat the pins into the base, I use the end of a Sharpie pen then I push the pin back out to relieve the pressure then I push the pin in with my finger. There is just the right amount of retention between the base and the pin. It only takes a second to do.

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
Subrisi, it sounds like you know what your doing. Maybe you just got a crap batch?

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I use something similar to artimax its caled WOW articulators lincoln dental has them and its with metal pin but never had any problem with it.

senthildtech

senthildtech

learner
Reaction score
i love that articulators no expansion problem