Specified Torque for imes-icore 350i+ blank holders?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Howdy,
Is there a recommended torque for clamping CoCr + Ti 98mm disc blanks in the system's blank holders? The manual doesn't provide any actual numbers. We're having issues with the clamping screws loosening mid-job, after people are tightening screws "hand-tight", and simultaneously some big heifer tech's "hand-tight" strips the hex head of the screw, so I want to buy a torque driver with an appropriate torque that won't loosen and won't risk stripping the clamp screws.
I could just find the maximum torque rating for those screws, and go with something , I dunno, 75% of that rating, but some techs are gonna have trouble applying that kind of generous-but-not-excessive torque.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Howdy,
Is there a recommended torque for clamping CoCr + Ti 98mm disc blanks in the system's blank holders? The manual doesn't provide any actual numbers. We're having issues with the clamping screws loosening mid-job, after people are tightening screws "hand-tight", and simultaneously some big heifer tech's "hand-tight" strips the hex head of the screw, so I want to buy a torque driver with an appropriate torque that won't loosen and won't risk stripping the clamp screws.
I could just find the maximum torque rating for those screws, and go with something , I dunno, 75% of that rating, but some techs are gonna have trouble applying that kind of generous-but-not-excessive torque.
might need to just order new screws. maybe the threads are a bit worn and loose?
we hand tighten with the hex wrench included but thats all it needs and never comes loose during milling. (this is not a super cranked on hand tighten either)

though i will add, we dont mill CoCr, its way harder on the machine and may be why the screws are coming loose.

Top Bottom