Anyone here....

L

labdude

Reaction score
provide a color guide to your clients for appliance colors and patterns??

Trisha, I sent you an e-mail containing my color guide and pictures. Did it come through???
If you like, I will help you modify and set one up for your own lab if you like. Along with how to do any picture on the web into an appliance. You said earlier you were not computer literate, not a big deal.
This offer stands for anyone else here as well.

My current color guide consists of 84 colors on one side, and 61 pictures on the other side. The pictures are asy to do as you print them on a transparency with your inkjet, then cutout.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
rainbow ret.

First scan with new scanner. Really washed out. Flat Wire ant. soldered.
Flat wire is .025x.036. Small amount of Opalesent sparkle shows up.
Colors in reality are red,orange,yellow,green,blue.
rainbow ret.1.jpg

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Hey Labdude~

I have been busy lately and have not been keeping up with my e-mails.

Thank you for offering us all the color chart, I would like to get a copy of your pictures. I currently offer the same color and designs that AOA offers. Self taught, I went kicking and screaming, finally feel confident in my design work. I put it off as long as could. When the dr.s started requesting them I had to learn. They sure eat up a lot of time, oh well~beats the heck out of working for someone else!

I can scan a copy of what I offer, would you like for me to e-mail it to you?

trisha

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
This is my Acrylic chart.
To my orthodontist clients, I provided An acrylic color chart made out of one of those plastic self standing picture frame. I took some star shaped chocolate molds filled them with all may acrylic colors and cured. Took the acrylic stars and super glued them to the front of the plastic frame. Then I printed up all the acrylic names on a piece of paper and inserted it in the frame so that the name displayed below each acrylic star. I would even make room on the paper to display the doctors logo (they always like that). I have a picture of one somewhere I will post it if i find it. For my Dentist-clients I would just supply a Wehmer acrylic color chart.

I never though of scanning the retainers. The acrylic colors on my website were taken with a digital camera, then touched up in photoshop. Looks like the scanner did a good job. I may do that when I add more colors to the website.

LabDude
I would love to see your acrylic chart. I'm new to JBC and would love to see the actual acrylic colors. In fact, I could host all your colors on my website if you want, I could make a "Labdude section" and you could send everyone to a web address there to download your colors. Let me know, it would be fun to make.
Cade

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Cade,
I can only email a pic of my color guide. To large to post here.517kb.
PM you remail and I'l send off a copy.
I also used a picture of color chips to make the guide. Messed with each chip in Corel etc. Took a lot of time.
I like your color guide set up for the offices.
Thing is, I offer 84 colors and some patterns along with a picture selection chart. To make actual color chips for each office is cost prohibitive. Not to mention the time to make them all. So.....I print the best pic I can and laminate with the picture chart on the back side of the color guide.
New computer and software now installed. Upgade of photo software has a short learning curve. After I get used to it, I will be upgrading my color chart, once again.
Mike.