Any Blue Sky Bio users??

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
I am just wanting a bit of input and guidance if possible in getting started on Blue Sky Bio...
I have had a few recent enquiries in regards to implant drill guides and one of the clients is using Blue Sky for their planning. I have AG Motion 2 mills and design software and no other implant planning/design software as yet (mainly due to lack of demand). However given the new interest I am keep to dip the toe into the water and get some momentum in this direction. I have had a fair bit of experience with the manual side of construction of implant/surgical guides, but haven't explored too deeply into the digital side. I have seen the 3shape planning software and it looks awesome... however until I can justify the expense I think a free software will be a good starting point.
any tips or experience in getting started would be great!
Cheers folks!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Go with BSB, its free and pay per use, how can you go wrong? It will do everything you need it to.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Go with BSB, its free and pay per use, how can you go wrong? It will do everything you need it to.
How does it work from the lab side...? can I take over design or if 'approved' do complete design? do I connect to the clinic user via invitation, or added to the case by the clinician? how much is it to use each case>?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just download it and watch some youtube tutorials. Its powerful but simple software. The exports are around $20 but get cheaper the more you buy. You can design yourself or have them review the design with a Dr. You can mill or print the export yourself or send anywhere. Have your Docs download it at the office then you can save your design, send the file and have them review.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Just download it and watch some youtube tutorials. Its powerful but simple software. The exports are around $20 but get cheaper the more you buy. You can design yourself or have them review the design with a Dr. You can mill or print the export yourself or send anywhere. Have your Docs download it at the office then you can save your design, send the file and have them review.
great thanks Affinity!
do you use BSB to source components too? are they universal with most implant systems? I think this Doc is looking at the metal drill guides in the finished stent

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont personally use BSB, I have only done some testing for them on their components and yeah they are cheap and they have whatever you need. The software takes time and practice to use and familiarize yourself with all the icons and tools.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Ok, it has been 2 years, but the last couple years my doc used them, and in a simple in house lab, another words no mill, I hated them. The abutments are (or then) were a block of metal that had to be prepped or milled. The 3.0 or was it a 3.2?-what ever-were especially horrid, as it has impossible to design a facial margin and still have a taper so the coping would draw if it was a long "prep" which then resulted in a fat over contoured margin. I finally put my foot down and said no way. If he insisted on using them, then he had to prep them or else! Well, he ended up prepping them.