Surgical Guides

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I finally have some doctors that want to do guided surgery. I spent last Thursday watching a couple videos from Blue Sky Bio on how to use their software to design surgical guides. We have an Asiga 4K printer and I will use VeriGuide OS resin for the guide material. I was briefly trained on Dentsply's Simplant a few years ago. That software has an upfront cost(not sure what it is). The Blue Sky Bio software is basically free and you pay per guide designed. Anyone have experience working with guide design software and care to share their opinions? We are a 3Shape lab, but I have been told that the Implant Studio for 3Shape is expensive compared to other options like Blue SKy.

I will be starting out with just simple posterior cases. Maybe I will need a more robust design software when I am ready to do fully edentulous cases?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Also good solution. Software is easy and they now have possibility to build stacked guides. IMO the monthly fee is cheap compared to click per file system as usually you need to pay extra point for every extra implant.