Annoyed

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
With all that is mentioned above. What kind of clients are you guys working with?
IMO, your making it harder for yourself not trying and correct the problem (communication)
and just keep putting up with it.
That's all well and good if you own the place; but I don't piss on another dog's hydrant.

If it were in my power, this wouldn't be happening.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
free or discounted remakes after an a ok on the try in? thats funny.

would be like them picking out the paint color...
then wanting you to repaint the house for free because its the wrong color.

nope.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
With all due respect- I've been a lab owner and tech for over 42 years. I consider myself blessed to work for a great bunch of Drs., that being said I've had to cut loose more Drs. Than I care to remember, why ? Because of lack of communication. Not all lab techs have the luxury of doing that. When it comes to putting up with these situations or putting food on the table for your family, there is no choice. As for charging "a fee just to make yourself feel better " I see it differently. This is a business and should be run as such. If we are expected to share in the losses, then we should be able to reap in the successes. In plain English- we should not be expected to take a loss for others inability to communicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
With all due respect- I've been a lab owner and tech for over 42 years. I consider myself blessed to work for a great bunch of Drs., that being said I've had to cut loose more Drs. Than I care to remember, why ? Because of lack of communication. Not all lab techs have the luxury of doing that. When it comes to putting up with these situations or putting food on the table for your family, there is no choice. As for charging "a fee just to make yourself feel better " I see it differently. This is a business and should be run as such. If we are expected to share in the losses, then we should be able to reap in the successes. In plain English- we should not be expected to take a loss for others inability to communicate.

Very well said.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
And if communication doesn't work you charge for any changes. Once it starts impacting their margin they get better about relaying any information you need.....the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, right. Wishes, FIshes; Candy, Nuts

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I lean toward nuts, how about everybody else.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Ok. Check this out. A few things you and your clients could do to save some time and money.

1. How many time have you heard a dentist say "Now, bite down"? That is the wrong thing to say in my opinion, as the word "bite" sends a message to the patient that tells them that they need to tear into something. When I bite into an apple, I dive into it with my incisors. We're trying to achieve the jaw relationship, not eat a piece of chicken! Perhaps a more appropriate request would be "Now, close" The word "close" sends a relaxed message to the brain (well, my brain at least) that has a better chance of achieving maximum intercuspation. In addition, the Dr. should probably practice with the patient a few times prior to taking the record, guiding the mandible, until the pt. can repeat the proper movement on their own. Then dentist should praise the pt., saying "Yes! That is perfect! I want you to close just like that when we take this record, ok?" Dentistry is a RIDICULOUS amount of psychology.

2. Have the doctor take a verification record for processing. (Make sure you properly trim the record all the way to the cusp tips! Otherwise you may have material impinging in the interproximals and undercuts, holding open the bite.) That way, you can compare the record to the mounted try-in. If there is a discrepancy, make a phone call and save yourself a remake. Either the prelim. record was off, you didn't trim the bite, or verification record was off. But something is definitely off. And that warrants a phone call.

3. Meticulously check your work prior to sealing down, and for the love of God, seal down on the articulator with your teeth occluding the opposing teeth. Did the doc accidentally melt some baseplate wax into the tissue side of the baseplate during the try-in appt. and not clean it out of the baseplate? This wax can create an unwanted stop underneath the baseplate and will throw off the occlusion. Is your occlusion correct and teeth secured in the wax? Am I putting you to sleep? Lol.

Check EVERYTHING and save yourself the remake. If you can identify an issue, eliminate it!

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Made a denture for a lady checked off on wax try in, finished the case looks pretty good. Doesn't speak two licks of English. Daughter calls saying its horrible there is a inch overbite, and the shade looks cheap. Bought her old pos end to end denture in and wanted the exact same. I use ivobase preference, and blueline teeth. Nothing is worse than doing something right and having to do it twice.

Welcome to the suck.
That's the denture business. After 20 years I have insisted that Mom ALWAYS bring in her Daughter. Otherwise you're making it twice. Again... you can do you very best... but just one jealous family member says something about their teeth and the phone calls start.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
we are but puppets in their hands

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
This wasn't the dentists fault this is a coocoo patient I have seen her denture back twice more since this thread. Remove a micron here, It traps food under the unnecessary teeth I demanded you put on. Mental patient

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
This wasn't the dentists fault this is a coocoo patient I have seen her denture back twice more since this thread. Remove a micron here, It traps food under the unnecessary teeth I demanded you put on. Mental patient
The maladaptive patient is the worst.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My dentists are great (dad/brother) lol, I can talk very easily with both and they understand my capabilities.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
But we are still annoyed.

upload_2016-4-5_12-43-51.jpeg

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I am now starting to be able to sense if they are going to be difficult to work with. The ones you need to run away from always come into the office with a bag of old dentures, after a tour of all the neighborhood denturists.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am now starting to be able to sense if they are going to be difficult to work with. The ones you need to run away from always come into the office with a bag of old dentures, after a tour of all the neighborhood denturists.
I have had the opposite experience with the denture harem. I have had a few denturebaggers that have loved what I have made them, unless they go to another dentist to get a new one.