Annoyed

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Made a denture for a lady checked off on wax try in, finished the case looks pretty good. Doesn't speak two licks of English. Daughter calls saying its horrible there is a inch overbite, and the shade looks cheap. Bought her old pos end to end denture in and wanted the exact same. I use ivobase preference, and blueline teeth. Nothing is worse than doing something right and having to do it twice.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me.
Try in was accepted.
Then I was called chairside where the dr threw me under the bus when the finished denture didn't fit and the fricken bite was off.!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Im not stressed, it is just annoying.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Did an overdenture case recently where we talked about making changes from her existing denture which she hated. After numerous try ins, we are duplicating her old denture. Bottom line, ask your doctors for study models of pt.'s existing dentures because they rarely want to change.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just say you sent it to china anyway. either that or say whats on your mind.

no, this is the right way to do it, you don't know what you're talking about. i don't care what you think.

much like Dentist, the registered or certified dental technician is an accreditation and protected as a trade; people with no accreditation may claim to know what is what, but the onus is on the professional to do it correctly. not the patient.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
(Sniff) (sniff).... I smell a free remake.... It's about the war--- not the battle.... We'll get 'em next time may apply here if you get my jest....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dr should have the patient sign off on an accepted try in, and then charge them for the remake.

Unless he tries to cover his Bootyshake and throws the tech under the bus.

There should be no next time.You have to set up a protocol and stick to it no matter how fast the pt needs it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

There should be no next time.You have to set up a protocol and stick to it no matter how fast the pt needs it.

I then have to follow my own fricken protocols when it gets slow!!!!Banghead

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score

...you must ask yourself.... are you pandering to your ego or the patient and their situation? Hmmmmm. the hard question. Let him throw us under.... we climb back out at the bank and cash his check.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Made a denture for a lady checked off on wax try in, finished the case looks pretty good. Doesn't speak two licks of English. Daughter calls saying its horrible there is a inch overbite, and the shade looks cheap. Bought her old pos end to end denture in and wanted the exact same. I use ivobase preference, and blueline teeth. Nothing is worse than doing something right and having to do it twice.
Let your client know that next time there will be a charge. State clearly in your price list or web-site that alterations or remake after approved try-ins are charged for ( as they should).
Send a note with the job ( at try-in) to remind dr. and patient of that. Prevent those situations is always better. Communication is the only solution.
I think we all went through similar stories. Make sure it doesn't happen again (Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum).

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have a kegerator with an IV drip. I did 5 resets on this ladies denture a few months ago.. Glad theyre not all like that!

Top Bottom