Annoyed

L

luishcmartins

Reaction score
Always bring some relative to try-in phase, mainly in older patients. Sometimes even to shade select. Their opinion usually give us more confident to finish the case, take photograph of the approved try-in and if you conduct it correctly any remake will be charged again.

C

Craig T

Reaction score
Insist on getting the denture back when delivering the remake. Sometime after beer #3, smash that f#&*er in a vice or light it on fire!
It makes the 50% remake fee more palatable. Then move that Dr. closer to the top of your "drop" list!

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
seen a few times where pt is happy until aunt Sue or sister Betty says something. Then they are horrible. We remake but have Sue or Betty sign off on try in.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Been there like you guys. First sign of trouble, I make clear to Dr. If it's approved at tryin and finished. The responsibility is that of the patients, not mine. Oh yea, I've also had to deal with the "something must have moved in processing" comment. I tell Dr. That comment doesn't fly. If he thinks that,he can come to the lab, watch the whole process and tell me then how it can get screwed up. I then hear silence. Some Drs. I feel, get in over their heads with certain patients. This not a reflection on their abilities, but when you have a very demanding patient ,things can go south real quick. To the point where I'm called in to sit in and reset a case tooth by tooth, which I don't do anymore. Sorry for long post I guess it hit a nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Been there like you guys. First sign of trouble, I make clear to Dr. If it's approved at tryin and finished. The responsibility is that of the patients, not mine. Oh yea, I've also had to deal with the "something must have moved in processing" comment. I tell Dr. That comment doesn't fly. If he thinks that,he can come to the lab, watch the whole process and tell me then how it can get screwed up. I then hear silence. Some Drs. I feel, get in over their heads with certain patients. This not a reflection on their abilities, but when you have a very demanding patient ,things can go south real quick. To the point where I'm called in to sit in and reset a case tooth by tooth, which I don't do anymore. Sorry for long post I guess it hit a nerve.

You are correct that a lot of clinics don't structure any exam time into gaining insight into the patient's psychology.
As a result, many patients are quoted an inappropriate fee to cover the bs, and the dr winds up in over his head.
I've seen countless dentures go to finish only to have the bite REALLY f***ing off.
Or the shade.
Or the mould.
Or the arrangement.
Some is patient, some is doc, but I always wonder what the hell they're looking at during trial, 'cause it ain't the denture.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Yea- sometimes I've questioned whether or not these things are even tried in ,due to them being so far off.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
You are correct that a lot of clinics don't structure any exam time into gaining insight into the patient's psychology.
As a result, many patients are quoted an inappropriate fee to cover the bs, and the dr winds up in over his head.
I've seen countless dentures go to finish only to have the bite REALLY f***ing off.
Or the shade.
Or the mould.
Or the arrangement.
Some is patient, some is doc, but I always wonder what the hell they're looking at during trial, 'cause it ain't the denture.
Once I went to a clinic to assist during tryin of a full upper hybrid. I was exited about the idea of having the opportunity to see first hand my work and discuss thinks with the patient as well and make alterations on the spot if needed. When I got there I found the lady SNORING! She was sedated because apparently she could nor stand the procedure. So much for patient approval lol.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yea- sometimes I've questioned whether or not these things are even tried in ,due to them being so far off.

That wins my no **** award. That very thought has occurred to me many times.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
With all that is mentioned above. What kind of clients are you guys working with?
IMO, your making it harder for yourself not trying and correct the problem (communication)
and just keep putting up with it.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
With all that is mentioned above. What kind of clients are you guys working with?
IMO, your making it harder for yourself not trying and correct the problem (communication)
and just keep putting up with it.
And if communication doesn't work you charge for any changes. Once it starts impacting their margin they get better about relaying any information you need.....the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
And if communication doesn't work you charge for any changes. Once it starts impacting their margin they get better about relaying any information you need.....the first time.

I don't feel that its right to charge more of a fee just to make yourself feel better,
due to having issues with your client. That's not correcting the problem...

If your good communication skills do not work with your client. I suggest you tell them
they my want to try another lab. Of each individual case, both parties must
focus and communicate to deliver the best possible prosthesis to that patient.
We receive text, email info, photos (at time of try-in / post delivery),plus
written instructions.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
The charge is not to make myself feel better. Sometimes it's the only way to get their attention. Though it would be nice to tell everyone that doesn't communicate adequately to screw and find another lab not everyone is big enough to do that. Some of us who have not yet established a larger territory yet need to find a way to work with some that are less than ideal to work with. Charging for changes encourages good communication and prevents them from throwing crap up against the wall to see if it sticks at your expense.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If I were in a traditional lab Dr. situation my Dr would have to take the hit. Considering the Dr. is my dad and everything was correct, and was awesome. The pt didn't like the aesthetics after delivery/daughter viewing at home. I am just a "salaried" guy working in the Drs in-house lab. He pays for everything. I was just annoyed that she wants her monster mouth back when i made her look 10 yr younger and human again.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Both my drs give very good records. I have no complains on their work though I always offer little tweeks that I see could help me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If I were in a traditional lab Dr. situation my Dr would have to take the hit. Considering the Dr. is my dad and everything was correct, and was awesome. The pt didn't like the aesthetics after delivery/daughter viewing at home. I am just a "salaried" guy working in the Drs in-house lab. He pays for everything. I was just annoyed that she wants her monster mouth back when i made her look 10 yr younger and human again.

You picked the scab we all bear. You owe us all a valium salt lick.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You picked the scab we all bear. You owe us all a valium salt lick.
I'll take my Valium without the salt please. Don't even want that with my tequila shot.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
One of my first jobs in the dental field was at a Denture lab. The owner would have to go to different dentist offices weekly to help them get the correct bite.
He was so frustrated with one doctor he finally told him to send his work somewhere else.