Amann Girrbach Ceramill motion

P

paulg100

Reaction score
3shape does have dynamic articulation. there is also an update due which simulates different articulators eg denar, kavo etc.

"and their software is advanced in a way yhat their milling machine with 4 axes can do the job of another 5 axis machine"

I'll beleive that when i see it. I dont really see how you can simulate physical axis via software. Sirona sais their 3 axis mill is like a 5 axis via software and there is no way in hell it can acheive the same milling resluts as a mill with 5 physical axis.

Marketting, lies and smoke screens, theres so much of that about in dental cad/cam.

Z

zolameister

Reaction score
the major difference between 3 SHAPE and AMANN is that AMANN is working with his one ARTEX articulator,and the 3SHAPE with a fictiv one

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is omitting Zirkonzahn. Doesn't anyone uses thoem? (I am not, but I am considering it for the next year). They introduced manual milling of zirkonia, and Girbach copied it. Then Zirkonzahn introduced low-cost scan-mill system and Girbach went the same route again.

Also, about the scanner, Girbach has 2 scaners, both with resolution 20 microns, while Zirkonzahn's scanner resolution is <10 micrones. ZZ milling unit has 5 axis, Girbach 4 axis.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Murtonm, wow were do I start, I think you are doing the right thing by going down the cad/cam route. I was a lot bigger than you are now when we bought our first system 120k BUT I had a business partner who was stuck in the past and would not invest in this type of technology. I knew from over two years of research that cad/cam was the future of our industry so my wife and I bought the system on our OWN and paid all the repayments from the profit that it made. We have never looked back and bought a second one (not because of need but out of convenience) just over a year ago. The 3shape is a very very good scanner, it is constantly evolving and pairing itself with different systems and I think would suit you to a T, you could send stuff to a wax printer or a wax miller and even send large cases to Colin, Hell if you want send em to me!!!!!!!!!! Do loads of research, look at a companies heritage, have you ever bought one of there products? do they/you still have stuff that after 10 years are working as good as the day you bought them. these are the things that I looked for when making my choice. I know I made the right choice, I could of spent 20k on a table top system! and you struggle to give them away these days, thank god I didn't. But I don't think you will see a missive reduction in time saved, it is just a different way of working, I still leave the house a 7am and get back at 10pm if I'm lucky. Did a couple of 41hour shifts this month and I ain't 21 any more. I think cad/cam opens up new materials, more doors and a different type of client and thinking but does not get me home any earlier. Good luck. ;)

Last edited:
araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
it is just a different way of working, I still leave the house a 7am and get back at 10pm if I'm lucky. Did a couple of 41hour shifts this month and I ain't 21 any more. I think cad/cam opens up new materials, more doors and a different type of client and thinking but does not get me home any earlier. Good luck. ;)

gotta take care, there's only one shot at life - no dress rehearsal.
my current focus is set around improving quality of life.
BTW, i agree about the new digi-labworld - that's where it's going.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I could not agree more with pingvin .zirkon zahn also invented trans zirk [prettau] not glidewell has also had artic functoins for 2-3 years for many diferent artics. mills wax great and metal and emax and plastic and watch them at ids i have been to the zz factory many times always takes your breath away with new stuff .the girrbach machine is good but girrbach the company can be hard work

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Cannot comment on Amann CAD/CAM in particular, I got a few Amann built stuff and they are quality, hats down. Most likely their CAD/CAM is well thought, however if is a closed system you'll be at the mercy of the reseller as maintenance fees and material goes. I would look at other (open) options first...

A

apsom

Reaction score
Hi, I currently own a small 2 man lab with my wife in the UK. We are looking at moving into the Cad Cam market in the future but we have not made any decisions on system yet.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have any real dental forums in the UK let alone a forum with a dedicated Cad Cam section like this!.

One system we are interested in is the AM Ceramill scanner and motion bench top mill.

I have noticed that this system gets little or no mention on this forum but I'm not sure if this is because it's not available to you guys in the US or if it's just not worth mentioning.

We would be looking to outsource metal work for both traditional and implant retained cases and use the in house mill for mainly wax (instead of employing a metal worker) and the odd zirconia coping. We are also considering the 3shape scanner

Any info on the above system or any other similar system that would meet our needs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
My name is vinod from INDIA.In our country Roland is one of the best seller cad/cam. You must look of the options available with them. I think ROLAND is the true open cad/cam provider and they can give you the real cost effective solution for your requirement. You must look into it. In UK you can contact Roland distributor, can able to help you out in this. or you can even write to [email protected]

thanks
Vinod Kumar
APSOM INDIA

A

apsom

Reaction score
Hi Murtonm, wow were do I start, I think you are doing the right thing by going down the cad/cam route. I was a lot bigger than you are now when we bought our first system 120k BUT I had a business partner who was stuck in the past and would not invest in this type of technology. I knew from over two years of research that cad/cam was the future of our industry so my wife and I bought the system on our OWN and paid all the repayments from the profit that it made. We have never looked back and bought a second one (not because of need but out of convenience) just over a year ago. The 3shape is a very very good scanner, it is constantly evolving and pairing itself with different systems and I think would suit you to a T, you could send stuff to a wax printer or a wax miller and even send large cases to Colin, Hell if you want send em to me!!!!!!!!!! Do loads of research, look at a companies heritage, have you ever bought one of there products? do they/you still have stuff that after 10 years are working as good as the day you bought them. these are the things that I looked for when making my choice. I know I made the right choice, I could of spent 20k on a table top system! and you struggle to give them away these days, thank god I didn't. But I don't think you will see a missive reduction in time saved, it is just a different way of working, I still leave the house a 7am and get back at 10pm if I'm lucky. Did a couple of 41hour shifts this month and I ain't 21 any more. I think cad/cam opens up new materials, more doors and a different type of client and thinking but does not get me home any earlier. Good luck. ;)

It was very impressive statement from K2 ceramic studio. i would rather add one more point there is no doubt even now the future of dentistry is a cad-cam and you must do a wise decision while choosing a technology. 3shape is best and on milling front i would rather give a best mill would be ROLAND. good quality better product to rely on.