AG Ceramill non AG material

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
What is the F-code associated with the Cermill Cam? Specifically for using non-Amann Girrbach material in a converted disc Ceramill.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
There is a conversion formula in the software. Some disk manufacturers already list it. Check with AG or CAP if you can't locate it.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I understand there is a conversion. I am trying to understand what it is or how it was developed. Just hoping someone can share some knowledge on the F code and how or what it is doing inside the Cam. What it is reading or being translated to or through and how it is correlated to the machining of an object. Maybe some from CAP or AG can answer on here for all of us to know.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton

Reaction score
Hi esamuelr,

Here are the conversion formulas for the respective codes on the AG discs. These will convert into the standard expansion percentage for use in CAM programs like Sum3D:
F Code: convertedValue = ((((FCode - 1.0) / -200.0 * 100.0) + 28.0) / 100.0) + 1.0
V Code: convertedValue = (VCode / 100.0) + 1.0
S Code: convertedValue = ((SCode / (1.0 - SCode * 0.01)) / 100.0) + 1.0

Kinda funky, but hope this helps :)

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
SO how would I convert a scaling factor 1.2348 , which according to an AG conversion sheet I have seen, is a shrinkage percentage of 19.02 to an FCode?

I am assuming I can do the equation in reverse. But should it be the scaling factor or the shrinkage percentage used to begin with?

Last edited:
Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton

Reaction score
Hi esamuelr,

Yes the equation will work in reverse, like the following for F Code:

FCode = (((((Shrinkage Value-1)*100)-28)/100)*-200)+1

You should be using the scaling factor (like 1.25),as is usually printed on most zirconia discs

Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton

Reaction score
BTW, the example you gave of 19.02 equating to a shrinkage factor of 1.2348 is actually for the "S Code", which is a different formula. Some discs have both of these values printed, and some might have one or the other. Just be sure to check this before proceeding with milling.

Best regards,
Matt

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, interesting info. Ive been using sagemax for 2 year now in the ceramill with awesome results.

I recently milled about 6-8 zolid fx units.. 2 of them came back broken at seat... for a new Dr :banghead: I remilled all of them in nexxzr t and threw them both in the pan. When I went to work on it, I COULD NOT tell which was zolid fx and which was sagemax. The only difference, IMO, is that the zolid fx (@600mpa, compared to over 1000 with SM) is weak, brittle and doesnt absorb color. maybe not the place for this, but I like the thread title.:Hello:

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info Matt. Very Much appreciated!

O

Onyx Rae

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but what type of block should I select if I am using NexxZr in an AG mill? I believe I have the conversion done right: if the S code is 1.2446 the Fcode would be 8.08, is that correct?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
just put the number on the puck. It says on it: F8.2 etc. Select zolid, size, 8.2 etc Unless youre using a 98mm puck? Is the code an S code on the puck?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
by whom you refer your blanks?tell your suppliers you need an excel table to convert it.
or you use the original A.G. blank holder for it is stated

O

Onyx Rae

Reaction score
CAP gave me a converter for factors and told me to use zolid 98 x 12. Seems to work ok. Thanks guys!

O

Onyx Rae

Reaction score
just put the number on the puck. It says on it: F8.2 etc. Select zolid, size, 8.2 etc Unless youre using a 98mm puck? Is the code an S code on the puck?
Yes I have s code and need f code. I think I got it! Thank you!

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
CAP has a code converter: http://cap-us.com/tools/Ceramill_Code_Converter.exe

If you have an S code 1.2446, I put 24.46 on the magnification percentage and it gives an F code: 8.0

I know this is an old thread, but what type of block should I select if I am using NexxZr in an AG mill? I believe I have the conversion done right: if the S code is 1.2446 the Fcode would be 8.08, is that correct?

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
if you are using MATCH2 for your camming(nesting),when you enter a new blank into software you have the option to put either the F-factor, scale factor or scale percentage in depending on what scale system was used, so there is no converting cause the software will do it for you. hope this helps

L

lucky54

Reaction score
you can also try this

Attachments

• AG Code Liste-1.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 260
DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
CAP has a code converter: http://cap-us.com/tools/Ceramill_Code_Converter.exe

If you have an S code 1.2446, I put 24.46 on the magnification percentage and it gives an F code: 8.0

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was directing a friend here to download the file since they couldn't find it on AG's site and it appears that the CAP link is dead.

I've uploaded a copy to my website as well as a shared google drive folder. Link is here for the F-Code Conversion Tool:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15A5jQxvM5onp6W5HVmlEoQWxgKDBiViL

Hopefully this helps someone out who may be searching for this tool.:)