Acetal Resin

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I like Duracetal by CDM Dental. I do a few full arch partials but if I can’t do the saddles with the teeth in Duracetal I will not do them. I did some with acrylic saddles and teeth it was a 100% failure. This is a great material for snap on type anterior work and Nesbits. We process small pieces of metal mesh in the saddle under the teeth on Duracetal and Valplast Nesbits so if it is aspirated or swallowed it will show up on an X-ray. I learned that from a long time lab account and it has already saved the day for me once.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Kris is on the forum PM him, I have acetal frames in myerson & flexite the myerson look nicer using expansion stone makes both fit well, I would like to learn more about that italian TSM material, The customer support is great at Myerson. I only use expansion stone for the acetal.

A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
"Cosmetic Orthodic" Material...

I've heard you relate to material for the "Cosmetic Orthodic." Does the acetyl come in a pro-form sheet that can be vaccum formed to a model and where can I purchase the stuff?

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Acetal cannot be vaccum formed. Crystaline (acetal) plastics have a melting point so they don't get softer they are ether solid or fluid.

A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
You truly sound like an expert...I see that you're right up the road from me in Va...Thanks for the info...

Last edited:
A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
I think this acetal/acetyl resin is the answer to alot of people's needs...

Last edited:
A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
I'm about 30 minutes from South Va...

Last edited:
A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
I have a brand new E.Max porcelin pressing furnance...Can the Acetal Resin pellets be pressed or can it only be injected? can the vialplast injection system work to inject the acetal/acetyl resin?

A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
I've got a brand new EMax porcelin pressing furnace...Will it work with the acetyl pellets???..I've never used a pressing or injection system before...Will the vial plast injection system work with the acetyl???

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I've got a brand new EMax porcelin pressing furnace...Will it work with the acetyl pellets???..I've never used a pressing or injection system before...Will the vial plast injection system work with the acetyl???
Sounds like U need to get to a lab show & take the class. If U could lower the porclean temp to resin temp the sticky resin would ruin UR furnice, anywho would the following fit in the tiny muffle? I'm a denture guy we did this upper as a temp offering 2.5 years ago. when doing a lower partial. The guy is still wearing it brought it in around Christmas for a polishing.

ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1649.jpg
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1650.jpg
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1649.jpg ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1650.jpg

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
I dont like Acetal! what for it? for ugly white frames? or for spaghetti on teeth?
with that shrinkage? special stone?
for temp crowns you can use Thermobridge (acrylyc) or polyamide - Vertex Thermosens. For frames - transparent polyamide
as002.radikal.ru_i199_1202_84_87899db8be64.jpg
as002.radikal.ru_i199_1202_84_87899db8be64.jpg

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The vertix product from the Netherland looks very nice, will they be entering the USA anytime in the near future? The web site states repair-ability, but no explanation do they mean the Polyamide, microcrystalline is easy to jump? Can it be repaired with PMMA?
Most flexable nylon polyamide make a clear, including CDM, the pink/clear junction looks beautiful new not so beautiful 2 years later.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Most flexable nylon polyamide make a clear, including CDM, the pink/clear junction looks beautiful new not so beautiful 2 years later.[/B]

it's not flexible like valplast, its semirigid, easy to polish and stable in time.

A

Al Hayes

Reaction score
That's some very nice work...and unlike some other's, I appreciate the color. My friend, I have a great demand for this product ASAP...and I'd rather outsource for the time being but perhaps I'll get to a class during the summer...I sent you a message so please check your inbox and give me a call ASAP...

J

jeramie_jones

Reaction score
Benefits of Acetal

***edited***

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Allan

Reaction score
P1140143.jpg

This leaving dirty socks on the teeth, why?
The stone for the expansion, this fouling, and it is becoming difficult to take on the drill!
P1140143.jpg

A

Allan

Reaction score
How do I clean out my model?

I must pass on the wax separator??

The plaster is stuck in the leaflets, and difficult to clean!

Someone makes silicone instead of stone for the expansion?

A

Allan

Reaction score
P1140144.jpg

I'm taking the case waxed
Invest in expanding balloon with stone
I define the sprues, I hope to dry, while the separator
closing the balloon with stone for the expansion
After the model inject

After I deflask, and arcade all this dirty stone, it is very difficult to remove the the dirt! Does anyone have a clue?

Notice the dirt in the means of leaflets
P1140144.jpg

A

Allan

Reaction score
Sounds like U need to get to a lab show & take the class. If U could lower the porclean temp to resin temp the sticky resin would ruin UR furnice, anywho would the following fit in the tiny muffle? I'm a denture guy we did this upper as a temp offering 2.5 years ago. when doing a lower partial. The guy is still wearing it brought it in around Christmas for a polishing.

ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1649.jpg
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1650.jpg

I'm taking the case waxed
Invest in expanding balloon with stone
I define the sprues, I hope to dry, while the separator
closing the balloon with stone for the expansion
After the model inject

After I deflask, and arcade all this dirty stone, it is very difficult to remove the the dirt! Does anyone have a clue?

Notice the dirt in the means of leaflets
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1649.jpg ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_IMG_1650.jpg