Acetal Resin

A

Allan

Reaction score
Kris, what's the difference "model of CDM Dental separator" and "Acrylic & Plaster Separator (APS) of DVA"

Are the same thing?

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I'd have brought the flasking plaster up to the outer srue wax - looks like you may get the topping locked around the model, maybe an extra layer added around the buccal will help before topping.
Centre sprue looks thin in centre of flask IMO and may affect the level of injection pressure going thru feeders to the archform. 2c.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Alan the wax up looks nice, the sprue in the middle I would have made the trunk a bit thicker. I only use a 12 or 18G sprue on the buccal cej for me it works to insure no voids there. I would hav brought the plaster up to the cej sprue & have no metal lshowing. I open the flask to boil off & the ledge might cause plaster fracture. Bou so tell us how did this case inject? AJ

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Kris, what's the difference "model of CDM Dental separator" and "Acrylic & Plaster Separator (APS) of DVA"
I'm not Kris S but the CDM is like a clear super glue, use it on your duplicated model, & U can use it in the flask also. The APS is a milky silicone based acrylic separator, It works in the flask part fine, I use the CDM on the model then the aps on the flask. The CDM is much more expensive. I have tried the aps on the model with an acetal frame (Experimental) & had a few spots where stone stuck,

S

shahravi

Reaction score
Hi. I am a dentist practicing in India. I want to learn about the Duracetal (or any other alternative) material used to make SnapOnSmile like prosthesis. Please share with me the information about the processing technique and the company which is selling this material. Thankyou.

P.S. Please if possible provide the supplier name available in India.

E

Edoman

Reaction score
I have seen some voids when the bi/canine area has no sprue for splint as in brux appliance (they make a super brux appliance especially for bulimia individuals.)
I will check with Kriss I believe he uses a double bar to improve complete flow, I simply add a sprue to that area sometimes with a vent. This is for a bite opening to determine verticle for reconstruction for a LVI case.

View attachment 10551
View attachment 10551
And you had perfect fit ? no shrinkage?