able to ditch in exocad?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
exocam = sum3d integrated within exocad.

it is still being developed, but i believe it works fine so far.

We are goofing around with it sometimes. Looks nothing like regular sum3d, and controler are easier to use (moving object and rotating it)

Also, when sum3d and exocad are integrated, an .obj file and other data are passed into cam. Not always an stl.

The margin is found instantly (coordinates are passed from exo to sum).

Many other changes to speed up workflow!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
exoscan is able to work with many many 3rd party scanner manufactures.

I sell Medit and now Steinbichler systems to work with exocad.

Or, you could use Smartoptiks, or various Italian and other scanners.

OPEN OPEN!!

I also have some software to create your own implant library (including scan-bodys) and modify/create your own anatomical library...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ready for more?,.....

There is now a very big library of anterior anatomy!

Called the ZRS library. It has 42 sets of various shaped maxillary anteriors and 5 sets of lowers, and a new posterior set.

Library has great surface texture and subtle wear characteristics.

very wide range of shapes. ovoid, square, worn, long, fat, short, etc....

Scotty

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_zzz_zps3e3d6ca7.jpg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
exoscan is able to work with many many 3rd party scanner manufactures.

I sell Medit and now Steinbichler systems to work with exocad.

Or, you could use Smartoptiks, or various Italian and other scanners.

OPEN OPEN!!

I also have some software to create your own implant library (including scan-bodys) and modify/create your own anatomical library...

I have also a software like that . I have created my own implant libraries and scanjigs for dental wings . I made it out of stl files that were supposed to be imported to exocad , the one you too have . French Cadman gave them to me . I have made so far 3-4 different companies . I need more files though !! Do you have any to share ??

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am looking for a scanner right now , on Monday I will talk with Medit , with the export manager . No dealer here in Greece , and customs will kill me if I buy it from you .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
ready for more?,.....

There is now a very big library of anterior anatomy!

Called the ZRS library. It has 42 sets of various shaped maxillary anteriors and 5 sets of lowers, and a new posterior set.

Library has great surface texture and subtle wear characteristics.

very wide range of shapes. ovoid, square, worn, long, fat, short, etc....

Scotty

And what someone has to do to get his hands on this library ???

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is a massive library that is "activated" by buying that module.

You cannot share it for free.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Well, I've gotten to play around with exocad, and I can't say i like it alot.

I will say, it is significantly simpler compared to some of the other programs out there. However, the UI seems half baked to 3Shape's.

I would love to try out their model builder equivalent, but I guess i'll have to wait on that.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Well, I've gotten to play around with exocad, and I can't say i like it alot.

I will say, it is significantly simpler compared to some of the other programs out there. However, the UI seems half baked to 3Shape's.

I would love to try out their model builder equivalent, but I guess i'll have to wait on that.

Seriously?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Now, I will admit, I've only played a few days with exocad, but I am seeing the general gist of the software, and I feel it is very jerry-rigged together.

I am not saying 3 shape does any better - although visually it is cleaner. (but I am sure if I broke down the source code, it would be in shambles too).

I would say one could do the same things in both programs (with the exception that you have to pay for each module in 3shape). On the flip side, because you are paying - there will be more rapid development (assuming the money is being used appropriately there).

if i were to compare utility - i would say that 3Shape is most similar to geomagic.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
exocad developed quicker than 3shape.

period. Almost passed 3shape in less than half the time!

Your thoughts and opinion are always welcome, but maybe not correct.

I have geomagic and have no idea what you are talking about there?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yes, seriously. Now, I will admit, I've only played a few days with exocad, but I am seeing the general gist of the software, and I feel it is very jerry-rigged together.

I am not saying 3 shape does any better - although visually it is cleaner. (but I am sure if I broke down the source code, it would be in shambles too).

I would say one could do the same things in both programs (with the exception that you have to pay for each module in 3shape). On the flip side, because you are paying - there will be more rapid development (assuming the money is being used appropriately there).

if i were to compare utility - i would say that 3Shape is most similar to geomagic.

BOOM goes the dynomite

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
LOL.

John, Someone played for a few minutes on the system.

You think this really means something huh? I know plenty of people with both, and love exoocad.

There is no "BOOM". You just paid 2x the cost for software and scanner with no benifit or extra features. That's all.

I know you are just trying to find something to make you feel better about it, but it is what it is.

Good luck trying to sell a 3shape system! LOL (costly x-fer fees, then new customer still has to pay even more for a single year of use)

Scanner itself is worthless without the software and yearly fees. If this really makes you excited, then great.

Exocad does not play this stupid game. I will have an open dongle to sell, and an open scanner. Both function on their own, or together.....FOREVER!

Scott

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Exocad.. bad source code? I think you should spend a little more time with it. Preferably with someone who has experience using it. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. ;)

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
A low cost software with no annual fees providing revenue for ongoing development and support?
I would definitely raise a question over the longevity of such a product when the market saturates.

The new features highlighted in this thread such as Model Builder, Digital Temporaries, Removable Partials etc are they all free for existing Excoad users?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Don't buy it then. If the product ends up fully developed, then what else do you want? T-shirt and coffee mug?

You feel the need to continue to pay huh, or get stuck with expired Dongle?

If you feel better spending 2x, then good for you.

Those features are a One time fee to add the module.

(unlike 3shape which "rents" their software for a fee.)

You decide.....seems pretty damn obvious to me?

exocad adds new features and customers may choose to pay to add them.

That's where the continued stream of $$ comes from, and new customers.

Very simple. You buy it, you own it.

If there are no new features, then you still have a working software.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You know what cracks me up? People constantly pushing for new features when most people are only utilizing about 30% of the softwares capabilities as it is?.... Lol..

Still amazes me when I think about everything you can do with it. My friend just got a 3shape. When he gets comfortable with it, I am going to try it out. It will be interesting to see the comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD