8th DLOAC Sympos

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Whos all attending? Count me in:)

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I may pop over, depending on the presenters.... I usually just end up mad.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
The BS flies fast and furious. The Counterfeiters are walking the floor with briefcases full of booty (the pirate kind, not the KC and the Sunshine Band kind). The presenters are always the same presenters as last time, and the time before, hawking their own stuff, and the guys who have ripped me off are there and I can't touch them with witnesses around.

You, know, the normal stuff....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ExoCAD

CIMSystem

LaserDenta

iCore stuff

You bet I'll be there again.

New KaVo mill?

Haas?

Booty?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I will be there, I will buy the first round as long as there is at least 3 more. :)

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I will be there, I will buy the first round as long as there is at least 3 more. :)

Should we have a before and after photos of our beer guts?
I''ll get the second round:)

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
The BS flies fast and furious. The Counterfeiters are walking the floor with briefcases full of booty (the pirate kind, not the KC and the Sunshine Band kind). The presenters are always the same presenters as last time, and the time before, hawking their own stuff, and the guys who have ripped me off are there and I can't touch them with witnesses around.

You, know, the normal stuff....

Bring me a briefcase with the real booty and I can take care of those people for you.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Last check in before the DLOAC CAD/CAM symposium. Please let me know who is here

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Sure wished we had a larger group from DLN for lunch but it was nice to meet Danny and his wife and break some bread/beers. I did see Mark for a second as he bolted from the lecture hall.

The symposium was more of the same. The most exciting thing was glidewells presentation showing a zircon crown being sintered in 12 mins.

Lots of tabletop mills and talk of translucent zirconia. Mr UCLA was full of life and as always was a dynamic speaker with more info on slow cooling laminated zirconia. His spin on the future of most ceramists rebranding them as enamalizers I think is spot on.

All in all the venue is always beautiful, but truthfully the show has outgrown this hotels ability to host it in my opinion. Its great to see a paid admission show draw as may dental tech/lab owners/decision makers out on a Friday.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Sure wished we had a larger group from DLN for lunch but it was nice to meet Danny and his wife and break some bread/beers. I did see Mark for a second as he bolted from the lecture hall.

The symposium was more of the same. The most exciting thing was glidewells presentation showing a zircon crown being sintered in 12 mins.

Lots of tabletop mills and talk of translucent zirconia. Mr UCLA was full of life and as always was a dynamic speaker with more info on slow cooling laminated zirconia. His spin on the future of most ceramists rebranding them as enamalizers I think is spot on.

All in all the venue is always beautiful, but truthfully the show has outgrown this hotels ability to host it in my opinion. Its great to see a paid admission show draw as may dental tech/lab owners/decision makers out on a Friday.

John,

It was a pleasure meeting you. From what I seen, I think too it was a great turnout.

Danny

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I did see Mark for a second as he bolted from the lecture hall.

Sorry I missed you John.

I was pretty proud of myself for lasting a hair over two hours in the lectures. We couldn't take it any more, so we just packed the guys up and came back to the lab.

The 12 minute plasma phase sintering that Robin Carden showed is pretty cool. I had already seen it though. They definately need to kick it up a notch next year.

I was impressed with a few of the Cryrogenically treated tools, and some of the strange hybrid materials that where being passed around by a couple people. Like most meetings, some of the best stuff is not in the lectures or the booths, but in briefcases and hotel rooms.

Danny, thanks for coming to the lab this morning. It was really a pleasure spending time with you, and I'm flattered you'd take time out of your vacation to come see this this place.

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Mark, thank you for taking the time of giving me a tour of your lab on your day off.
We made it to Venice Beach and the first guy I saw was the guitar player on skates wanting me to buy his tee-shirt. We LOAO... Didnt walk a block and seen the med doctor, we passed. Like you said, you'll see just about everything on imaginable.
Had a great time. Once again it was a pleasure meeting you and John.

Danny

S

smile4me

Reaction score
was there ! tried looking for you John couldn't find you! wish I would of logged in yesterday would have had a drink with you guys!

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
"The Doctor can not offshore same day service."

Where was Amann Girrbach?

Seefeld validated the VHF! I swear I can see a pig overhead...

Will IOS help make the intraoral scanning technology mainstream?

When will we see less marketing spin and more technology talk from the podium?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
JayH;50988 When will we see less marketing spin and more technology talk from the podium?[/QUOTE said:
It was exactly as I predicted months ago in the post above. Even the marketing spin was poorly done in in the few presentations I sat through. I almost felt bad for some of the speakers.

They should spend less money on the fancy hotel, and use it to get some really current and cutting edge speakers on the podium. Robin Carden was by far the most knowledgable speaker up there.

Let's face it...not a lot has changed as far as the technology goes. Now it's time for the materials to really make a strong run, and that is exactly what we are seeing happening.

New materials will drive new business models.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
New materials will drive new business models

As was the case with Zirconia.

What topics, specifically, if you saw them on the next schedule would make you say, "Hey, I think I will look forward to this year's DLOAC" or "I'm going to that presentation!" ?