8th DLOAC Sympos

H

holyhikaru

Reaction score
Can anyone discuss about transluent zirconia?

I am very interested in that.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Can anyone discuss about transluent zirconia?

I am very interested in that.

It exists in varying degrees from various manufacturers. It is being acheived in different ways. Some materials are being articifially grown using nano technology, some are being fortified with alumina and other elements. There are also various methods of acheiving translucency with the way the material is processed, bound and sintered.

Many variables, many philosophies on how to get there. Material science is about to explode the way other manufacturing technologies have grown recently.

Resins

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
I thought it was a good meeting. I have never seen Dr.McLaren speak before so that was really cool. The dude is sharp as a tack when it comes to ceramics, and his photography is second to none:)

Not alot of new technology for sure....B&D has a neat sintering oven that can stack 120 units and sinter them in a couple hours. The Delcam chick was really smart and showed some great things coming from them now, and in the future.

Met a dude from Brazil that ended up coming to my lab on Saturday and buying both my Dental Mills......aw no more Kim Karpowitz to deal with, what a nightmare to deal with him and his company Digital Dental:mad:

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
aw no more Kim Karpowitz to deal with, what a nightmare to deal with him and his company Digital Dental:mad:

Oh you mean those fine folks who brought us the Microwave sintering ovens?!

Sorry I missed you Shaun.