4 unit anterior bridge

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Assuming the bridge will fit in a 200g ring, would you try and do an e.Max bridge from 5 to 8 with abutments at 5, 7, and 8.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Sure, just make sure your connectors are very broad (from incisal to cervical) as much as you can and still make it look aesthetic. I will say though, I'd feel more comfortable doing a Zirconia bridge with e.max ceram over the top of it but with the right occlusion and a good bonding protocol it may last forever. I have a few out there going on there fourth year and have had a couple break as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would do pfz.

If you press you have to stain the incisals to match the 9 & 10. Are you planning to cut back the incisals?

I prefer a substructure and layering for anterior bridges matching to natural ants.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
we are doing a bridge from 11 to 9 also. I will wax the entire linguals in and leave the facials with about .5mm of material thickness so we can layer porcelain over top of that. Thanks for the responses guys!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Assuming the bridge will fit in a 200g ring, would you try and do an e.Max bridge from 5 to 8 with abutments at 5, 7, and 8.

Brett, I do it all the time. I wax my Linguals full contour only do about a 1/4 cutback on the facial incisal area and then lightly taper the cutback toward the gingival. I end up with a very thin incisal layer around the gingival.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I've done 3 emax anterior bridges/facial cutbacks, with another on the shelf now, which will be my last one... Starting later this week, all bridges will be zirconia with facial cutbacks on anteriors, and posteriors if asked.
I for one am not going to wait to see if emax bridges hold up or not.. Didn't believe in inceram bridges and don't believe/trust in emax bridges.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I've done 3 emax anterior bridges/facial cutbacks, with another on the shelf now, which will be my last one... Starting later this week, all bridges will be zirconia with facial cutbacks on anteriors, and posteriors if asked.
I for one am not going to wait to see if emax bridges hold up or not.. Didn't believe in inceram bridges and don't believe/trust in emax bridges.

We did inceram bridges back in the day. Not a one came back. Still in the mouth as far as I know. Some could be more than 10 years old???

I've only done 3 unit anterior e.Max bridges. Just did one out of V1 the other week. Full contour per the docs request. *cheapo* Turned out decent though.

Top Bottom