Prescription - who is right?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My project for today (and probably tomorrow...):

View attachment 43851

BangheadBanghead
Nice solder joint, maybe a little wider than I would want to go, but very clean looking. That's one of the 3? reasons I stopped using NP, for the ability to get better solder joints on bridges and pier bridge abutment cases.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Nice solder joint, maybe a little wider than I would want to go, but very clean looking. That's one of the 3? reasons I stopped using NP, for the ability to get better solder joints on bridges and pier bridge abutment cases.
I Agree on the solder joint. I did not cut it... Even if I send the right discs, I get it back butchered... Either way, I never really had issues with soldering. BTW, the metal is Evolution lite, which is a HN alloy.

Even when I had a lab south of the border, I stopped doing NP bridges a long time ago due to the inability of properly soldering it. And believe me, I tried...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
At one point in a thread @sndmn2 mentioned Argedent Euro and I've been using it ever since. It's been a very nice, stable metal, no bubbling either.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
At one point in a thread @sndmn2 mentioned Argedent Euro and I've been using it ever since. It's been a very nice, stable metal, no bubbling either.
Evolution lite is very similar. But it is less expensive than Euro.

$1340 vs $1570 per oz. Price as of today

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Evolution lite is very similar. But it is less expensive than Euro.

$1340 vs $1570 per oz. Price as of today
Thank you for checking into that, comparing that for me, buddy, I appreciate it :)

You're right, it is really close to Euro and the cte is also good for Halo :)

Edit: I just went into my online stores just to check the pricing for my account. $1613.74 for Euro, and $1337.43 for Evolution....my upcoming new metal ;)

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Well, last week I refused doing a 4 or 6 unit PFM bridge l don’t remember, because I am done with PFM at my young age, I wonder to what lab did the dentist send it? 😊

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
judas priest GIF
Breaking the jaw, Breaking the jaw

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Oh man all that metal gives me chest pains looking at it - I give thanks every day I do basically zero pfm anymore !

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Oh man all that metal gives me chest pains looking at it - I give thanks every day I do basically zero pfm anymore !
I don't mind doing the occasional pfm's but a constant and steady diet of them would get to me. But like you, all of the occlusal metal makes me think I'm doing 2 separate cases on one case, a pfm bridge and a full cast bridge. Of all the porcelain work and then the occlusal, lingual finishing and polishing.

What's always concerned me with metal occlusion on posterior bridges is if the bite is off, open, how do you add-on? At least with porcelain occlusion (when room isn't an issue) we have at least 1/2 of a chance of adding on, without hopefully anything happening to the bridge.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't mind doing the occasional pfm's but a constant and steady diet of them would get to me. But like you, all of the occlusal metal makes me think I'm doing 2 separate cases on one case, a pfm bridge and a full cast bridge. Of all the porcelain work and then the occlusal, lingual finishing and polishing.

What's always concerned me with metal occlusion on posterior bridges is if the bite is off, open, how do you add-on? At least with porcelain occlusion (when room isn't an issue) we have at least 1/2 of a chance of adding on, without hopefully anything happening to the bridge.
And that concern usually arises around 3am Monday morning, the day of delivery.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Edit: I just went into my online stores just to check the pricing for my account. $1613.74 for Euro, and $1337.43 for Evolution....my upcoming new metal ;)
You will see it handles exactly the same.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What's always concerned me with metal occlusion on posterior bridges is if the bite is off, open, how do you add-on?
When I used to work for this big operation and PFM was still king, we used to laser-weld the heck out of it... to the point we got like a monthly allowance of solder wire per technician, lol