3shape splint studio

W

weswideman

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone using the 3shape splint studio with the 2019 software update? How do you like it?

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
I just got the update last night. haven't seen it yet. how do i access it? :D

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone using the 3shape splint studio with the 2019 software update? How do you like it?
Hey @weswideman
So the new Splint Studio has not yet been released in the U.S (I'm not sure where you're located). It is still pending FDA approval. But it is going to be a MAJOR improvement over the current splint software. We're hoping for it to be released before the end of the year.

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
Hey @weswideman
So the new Splint Studio has not yet been released in the U.S (I'm not sure where you're located). It is still pending FDA approval. But it is going to be a MAJOR improvement over the current splint software. We're hoping for it to be released before the end of the year.
so even though we have it downloaded (which i saw the argen rep. do on teamviewer),we still can't use it. never the less access it?

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
so even though we have it downloaded (which i saw the argen rep. do on teamviewer),we still can't use it. never the less access it?
I'm really not sure. Resellers should not be installing non-FDA approved software in the United States. I doubt it will work, but you can try!

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
I'm really not sure. Resellers should not be installing non-FDA approved software in the United States. I doubt it will work, but you can try!
I saw him install it, but i have no clue on how to access it. that is if it's even possible. so i'm pretty certain, that it's probably because of the reason you have mentioned above, why we cannot access it.

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
i've never used exocad! I like the simplicity of 3shape and their (argen) customer support. always on point. as far as the Splint Studio... no clue. lol, havn't gotten the chance to use it yet. and the irony, i had 3 splint cases this morning. would have loved to see what it could do.

T

Tennnic

Reaction score
I am currently making splints with Exocad and prefer it to what 3Shape could do. The doctors I am working with like the fit and have to make minimal if any adjustments to the occlusal surface.

W

weswideman

Reaction score
Update:

I’ve had the 19.2 version of 3shape installed which comes with “dental desktop” separate of “dental designer” in the desktop you can design splints with the new software.
I’m in Canada and apparently we are good to go with it.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Splint Studio is a massive improvement from pre-2019.

It works off of Dental Desktop, alongside Smile Designer and has similar UI. We're doing all of our splints in Splint Studio, and printing them with KeySplint resin (the resin isn't FDA cleared either, but available in EU and Canada).

W

weswideman

Reaction score
Splint Studio is a massive improvement from pre-2019.

It works off of Dental Desktop, alongside Smile Designer and has similar UI. We're doing all of our splints in Splint Studio, and printing them with KeySplint resin (the resin isn't FDA cleared either, but available in EU and Canada).
Your setup is the same as mine, are you adjusting any of the presets for fit?

T

Tennnic

Reaction score
Kristian, I have also been experimenting with the Keystone resin, very promising. Any word on how soon they will clear the FDA?

Is Splint Studio available in the USA yet?

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Still waiting on clearance for both unfortunately. Spoke with keystone at The digital denture symposium and they are hoping in the next few weeks it will be cleared. 3shape says hopefully by end of year latest q2 of 2020. Kulzer is has some nice design software modules on the horizon especially for splints.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
will it be part of the Complete Restorative package or a separate module?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
We have CR and we get Splint Studio.

For presets, we did a few test cases with people in the lab until we were happy with the fit/retention. I think the default settings have zero retention.

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Kristian, what retentive settings did you land on?