3Shape short cut

T

twohai

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are short cut to toggle between tool when designing on the 3Shape.

Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as far as i know, without a Nostromo or Gaming Mouse theres no way to quick click or hotkey to tools, settings, or stages in 3shape.

BB77SCDL

BB77SCDL

SuperMember
Reaction score
In the sculpting tool there is 1,2,3,4,5,6 on the key board for the add remove and smooth. These can be set to fit you designing preferences.

I like:

1 - Add lowest ammount
2 - Remove lowest ammount
3 - smooth turned all the way up in the ammount option
4 - add Medium ammount
5 - remove lowest with smaller diameter
6 - remove medium with large diameter

Also, Ctrl and Shift are used individually and also in combination with each other all through out the sculpting option.

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
If you're talking about sculpting then the easiest way is (+) to ADD, (-) to REMOVE and (*) to SMOOTH. Hold Shift and Ctrl + WHEEL SCROLL to adjust the tools size and shape.

3ShapeSupportGuy

Reaction score
Hi TwoHai
at the moment there is no shortcut to toggle between the different Sculpt tools in 3Shape Dental System. However, it's a very good idea and I just briefed the development teams and asked them to add this to the software. It will be available in a future release.

Remember that you have more than 50 shortcuts in Dental System. You can find the complete list of shortcuts in the Online Help (press F1 in Dental System),Appendix B - "Using Mouse and Keyboard".

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
If you're talking about sculpting then the easiest way is (+) to ADD, (-) to REMOVE and (*) to SMOOTH. Hold Shift and Ctrl + WHEEL SCROLL to adjust the tools size and shape.

I've been asking about those since August and everyone said there are none. Thank you so much!!!!

NDLMilling

NDLMilling

Reaction score
Hey, You are Greg...The Owner?

How dare you jump on here without introducing yourself.

Whatzzzzup!:D Sell me your mill! LOL

Scotty

Nope!

I'm Greg The CadCam manager. We've spoken on the phone before:)

And, sorry but the mills staying put for now..;) We're actually going to be in the market for a new one soon.. :D

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, then...HEY NOW! Greg. Sure, I remember talking with you.

I swear the SUM3D works great. We run maybe 200 units a day with it or more in Four mills. Did you guys ever buy something like that? You never called for help or to say anything positive or negative. Either you are a genius, or you got frustrated and quit working with it, or ??

Welcome to the Forum, via hi-jacking of this thread! LOL

NDLMilling

NDLMilling

Reaction score
Well, then...HEY NOW! Greg. Sure, I remember talking with you.

I swear the SUM3D works great. We run maybe 200 units a day with it or more in Four mills. Did you guys ever buy something like that? You never called for help or to say anything positive or negative. Either you are a genius, or you got frustrated and quit working with it, or ??

Welcome to the Forum, via hi-jacking of this thread! LOL

Yay for Hi-jack! (sorry)

We've actually purchased Sum3d, and are running it everyday. It was pretty straight forward. I only had trouble with strategy editing, but Luigi's very helpful. I am curretnly using it to run ~30-40 units a day on our Lava, and also ~40-50 units a day with out Origin. I love it so far. It's made my titanium milling much nicer....Im getting nearly polished crowns right from the mill:D

Oh, and I've been playing with milling non dental things too..FUN!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
For the exterior Finishing of Ti...Are you using Downmilling, or Bi-Directiional, or Climb-milling strategy?

For PFM substructures...I think Climb-milling leaves the surface cleaner, but surface may look not as shiny as Downmilling. For Full anatomy with no porcelain, I'd try Downmilling for final finishing.

Give it a try and report back somewhere?