3shape Diagnostic Model

T

Techaim

Reaction score
Hi I'm fairly new with 3 shape and i'm starting to do diagnostic wax up and temp in my lab. My question are
1-How do i set up my order form so that when i do diagnostic wax up i can print the model with the changes in place.
2 How can i print the digitally prepare model i did for my temporary, so that my doctor can use it to follow when prepping for the final crown

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
1- Temp on prepared model design then copy and append design, then create a new order for just model and import the scan from the copy and appended case folder and run through model builder.

2- No way to print a model of the virtual prepped teeth, not even in 2018, well there is a way but requires a lot of BS and its not that great.

Are these off of IO scan or desktop scan of stone models?

T

Techaim

Reaction score
1- Temp on prepared model design then copy and append design, then create a new order for just model and import the scan from the copy and appended case folder and run through model builder.

2- No way to print a model of the virtual prepped teeth, not even in 2018, well there is a way but requires a lot of BS and its not that great.

Are these off of IO scan or desktop scan of stone models?
Yes they are from intraoral scan. Thank you Sevan, i will tried this as soon as i get inside the lab.

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
So if you have a stone model and you scan it in, there is no way to print it on the model builder?
I

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So if you have a stone model and you scan it in, there is no way to print it on the model builder?
I
Yes, Scan models on a order stup with temp on prepared model and pre op. Onced scanned in modify order, change from model to digital impression and leave temp on prepared but add the needed model profile into the order.

Then design as needed. Once designed simply copy and append the order and on the copy and append order right click build model and print.

The pre op is the original setup id for reference of where the pre op teeth were.

Now a added tip, if you modify the scan in sculpt on scan stage and or extract teeth in 2018 once done with esign highlight case pres F4 and navigate to scans anf upper lower as needed. If you view all four files in that folder you will see that the one labled MB prep scan is the un modified scan. All the other three are modify as you did in design. Simply replace the MB prep scan with any one of the other three and then when you copy and append no previous teeth from original scan will poke through the new design. then append and print.

BOOM!

Top Bottom