3shape D700 used scanner question??

dudek

dudek

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have the option to buy used D700 scanner for a good price. I am a freshman in that field and my concern is, the scanner has 610 working hours. I don't know how this timing affects quality of scanning?
Also the scanner comes alone without computer and I don't know if the scanner should be assign to specific computer with scanning software?
Please advice?

Thank you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have the option to buy used D700 scanner for a good price. I am a freshman in that field and my concern is, the scanner has 610 working hours. I don't know how this timing affects quality of scanning?
Also the scanner comes alone without computer and I don't know if the scanner should be assign to specific computer with scanning software?
Please advice?

Thank you

Well you will need to get a dongle which the most important part. With the dongle should come the software, the computer my be on you to get, a decent Dell quad core with at least 4gb ram should be basic, or build a good one for around $1500.00 - $2000.00. A good video card is required as well.

As for the 610 scan hours, I think I have scanned way more then that and as long as you calibrate it at least once a month you should be fine. Twice a month won't hurt either, or hell once a week! Depends on you work load. You can put the scanner on any computer, but if you only have one scan a design activated n the dongle then only once user can scan and one can design.

Sevan

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Please advice?
Thank you

I know Affinity was in the same boat last year (had the scanner but no comp) I am sure he could tell you how much it costs to sort it all out. Pete
View Profile: Affinity - Dental Lab Network

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its very expensive and cad-points are the way to go!

How did you find out how many scan hrs it has?? Esp with no computer.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
I am in the same exact situation except my scanner is the D250 lol but I have already talked to 3shape and they said I will have to buy a dongle which is the license and software. plus you will have an annual maintenance fee of roughly 2,000. I was quoted 6,500 for the dongle last week, and you will be required to purchase your own computer, and make sure your computer is able to handle the software you will have to load on it. talk to a reseller or 3shape for detailed information is what I suggest. 3shape has a guy named Heinrik(not sure on spelling) but he will help you with whatever you need. hope this helps?

jack

dudek

dudek

Reaction score
I am in the same exact situation except my scanner is the D250 lol but I have already talked to 3shape and they said I will have to buy a dongle which is the license and software. plus you will have an annual maintenance fee of roughly 2,000. I was quoted 6,500 for the dongle last week, and you will be required to purchase your own computer, and make sure your computer is able to handle the software you will have to load on it. talk to a reseller or 3shape for detailed information is what I suggest. 3shape has a guy named Heinrik(not sure on spelling) but he will help you with whatever you need. hope this helps?

jack

Thank you to all of you for smart suggestions.

In conclusion I decided to not buy that scanner. Too much tech. issues.
I will continue my "digital adventure" in traditional way.
I am sending dies for copings or crown wax up to milling center. Those guys know what they are doing. I am not responsible for wrong scanning ect.
Digital option is too expensive at this moment. Because of the high demand, manufacturers take advantage and elevate prices.
Funny thing, I charged more for my dental restorations 15 years ago. Comparing our prices to dentist prices we work for peanuts. No appreciations at all.

Best from Dudek

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
A good video card is required as well.

I am disagree, sir =)
I thought as you, but after i tested good office PC with default low-price built-in video card, and it's worked absolutely the same with "good" PC, which we bought from our reseller, i know it is not so true.
Processor and RAM are more important than video.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how much do you want to spend dudek? You can PM me if you want.