3Shape D1000 VS 3Shape E3

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Hello DLN members,

I was taking a look at these scanners at IDS and I am not sure what scanner will be the better deal for me. I am planning to use the new scanner for about 5 years and I am doing everything with it.

price
3Shape D1000
19k (30k - 7,5k TradeUp - 3,5k modules included)

3Shape E3
15,5k (19k - 3,5k TradeUp)

features
3Shape D1000
4 cameras
accuracy 5/7
speed 16/15

3Shape E3
2 cameras
accuracy 7/10
speed 24/18

I saw both scanners in action and do not know if there is any advantage because of the new design of the E3? Is it better for impression scanning because the movement is changed? What do you guys think is the overall better deal? Does anyone of you have the D1000? Does it work really good even with impressions?

I am thankful for comments!

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's like asking..."wet fart vs. diarrhea" ....sorry, that was my Exocad evil twin. Actually good question, I'd wonder if you planned on doing full arch restorations (then d1000 would work, not sure E3 has the accuracy to do full arch). Plus, how much work you going to be doing...those times aren't all that significant, but any time I can save, is more time here and with the family. Therefore, you might want to pay the extra loot for the D1000. Really depends if you have the loot, the time, and your production.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Ask your 3Shape re-seller the questions up front so he can best serve you. He will know the programs and features of both for how you'd like to build your business model around.

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies.

I think the price difference from 3.5k is not that big compared to the recommended retail price.
But do you think there is any disadvantage of the D1000 or is it overall better even for impression scanning? My reseller could not really help with these questions.

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
I got a D1000 last year from Ivoclar and have been very pleased. I was going to trade in my D700, but after considering the different versions of design software that we run (the D1000 uses new scan software) it was better to keep it as a backup, and handle overflow work. Nothing better than some redundancy in critical systems. If you have a long term goal get the best scanner your can afford. We needed the capability to do larger cases also. I like impression scanning to produce in lab printed models. Impression scanning might take a little longer. Texture and color scanning is useful sometimes also. Not sure if the new E scanner does that (probably)?

Yes I was pissed that a less expensive scanner came out, but after evaluating our needs it still is the best match for us. Only you can decide what is the best VALUE for you.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hands down D1000, super fast and now they come with impression scanning module for free. Don't let the open face fool you, you still need the articulator plates to scan big cases as the same in the D1000. We have a D2000and love it, no problems since may 15th 2015. Had my buddy get the D1000 when I built his digital department for him last year and he loves it.

Although the E3 looks fancy the D1000 will run circles around it. You will get much better and higher resolution scans off the D1000, those extra 2 camera make a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Can hardly wait for my 2000 to get here Monday.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice! Want help setting it up? LOL!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be nuts but I plan on snapping a few pictures.

I just checked the server and the myth that clients do not work on Fridays is a joke, between Cerec Connect and Trios I have 72 units waiting for me, plus I have a Implant full arch case I need to do a mock on and I have not even looked at it.

Best March of my life, hope you all have been slammed as well.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be nuts but I plan on snapping a few pictures.

I just checked the server and the myth that clients do not work on Fridays is a joke, between Cerec Connect and Trios I have 72 units waiting for me, plus I have a Implant full arch case I need to do a mock on and I have not even looked at it.

Best March of my life, hope you all have been slammed as well.
So busy I had to go in last night for 4 hours, burning the midnight oil!

Top Bottom