3Shape Inbox Computer Specs

L

Labslip

Reaction score
I'm moving work-stations around and I'd like to change the computer my 3Shape Inbox is in.
I design with Exocad exclusively and only use the 3Shape inbox to receive files from my 3Shape docs. The Inbox contains the full 3Shape design software with the design modules locked. The computer it is currently loaded on is spec'ed for the full design program. I'd like to transfer it to another computer without having to purchase another full boar design computer.
Anyone have any experience with using the Inbox only on a less robust computer, still with a decent graphics card but perhaps with less speed and memory?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I'm moving work-stations around and I'd like to change the computer my 3Shape Inbox is in.
I design with Exocad exclusively and only use the 3Shape inbox to receive files from my 3Shape docs. The Inbox contains the full 3Shape design software with the design modules locked. The computer it is currently loaded on is spec'ed for the full design program. I'd like to transfer it to another computer without having to purchase another full boar design computer.
Anyone have any experience with using the Inbox only on a less robust computer, still with a decent graphics card but perhaps with less speed and memory?
You will be disappointed with the performance of the software, coming from Exocad. especially with a less than optimal computer...

But, in general, go with a quick SSD for your C drive, as much RAM as you can afford and a decent graphics card. I don't thick the actual processor needs to be the newest one.

SSD and RAM can be easily upgraded on an older PC. Look up previous threads, on here, about specs for PCs for 3shape.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I setup up a shared network folder. Import trios cases on 3 shape computer, export trios scan files to shared folder, open in exocad for design.

L

Labslip

Reaction score
You will be disappointed with the performance of the software, coming from Exocad. especially with a less than optimal computer...
Remember that I won't be designing on this computer, just accepting files.

I setup up a shared network folder. Import trios cases on 3 shape computer, export trios scan files to shared folder, open in exocad for design.
I already have the same network set-up and it works great. I'd like to move the 3Shape inbox to another, less powerful computer. Does anyone have, let's say, minimum specs for an in-box only computer rather than a design station or do I need to stick to the hi-test?

M

Misstech

Reaction score
I just want Trios inbox standalone. I dont want, need or use 3Shape CAD. And I don't want to pay 3000+ per year just to accept Trios files when every other system (including Itero now) is free