3shape 700vs. Dental wings 3series?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
If the program is not 64 bit no chance u can only close all automatic standby programs to save a little bit ram and push the priority to over normal but this must be done for the program everytime dont know how to handle it automatic maybe in the registry. And look in the scanner settings maybe to high resolution to handle In the task manager process for example scan exe priority

Picture program close all programs running you can close them only need memory only run dwos or scan for example
Picture Task klick on the for example scan exe right mouse priority over normal or high not real time and try it could crash too a try, it is worth

Attachments

• program close.jpg
    program close.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Task.jpg
    Task.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 41
JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Hi Drizzt

I am too in the DW hole. Did you run the Exo demo on your DW machine? Any help would be much appreciated.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hi Drizzt

I am too in the DW hole. Did you run the Exo demo on your DW machine? Any help would be much appreciated.

I've been considering the same thing. The hole is too painful to stay in.

ExoCAD System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core-i7

RAM: 6GB

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 560 or ATI HD 6870 with 2GB Video RAM or Higher

Screen resolution: 1080p (1920x1080 or higher)

Hard Drive : At least 10GB Free Space

(Info stolen from one declared "killed" here :) )

So, yes, it should run on your machine if you have admin rights (most of us $traumann users don't).
The nvidia card is the previous gen (550) though, might run a bit slow.

Last edited:
krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
well heres the deal we are a 3 person. looking to get into scaning first. We do alot of straumann implants and starting to do alot of FCZ but still most of the work is pfm and emax press. So in order for straumann to stand behind it that throws everybody but the straumann C.A.R.E.S and DW. So whats the better scanner for us. Two of us are in their early 60s and late 50s and the other is 28

If your worried about 3 shape not working with Straumann stuff don't be.....they just launched a 3shape partnership where they share their library of scan abutments. You get the library, the scan bodies, and the variobase inserts and you mill the Zirconia or have them do it(they will do Ti also)

All I've heard is how much longer things take in DW but haven't used the system personally. With the 3shape partnership I wont ever need to

Razvan

Razvan

Reaction score
Hello! I work on a DentalWings 3Series for almost a year now. I still find it hard to design a decent looking bridge for eg. I guess I'm not the only one experiencing the bugs and issues with the software. I just updated to their latest version DWOS 4.0 and worked a case... 3 elementary bugs/issues encountered during the process!... are they even testing it before release?! The Dental-Wings support is zero and I'm considering switching for another software. I read good reviews about Exocad...

Is it possible to scan cases with DW scanner and import them into Exocad for design? Also, can someone tell me how can I get a free trial?
I really want to try 3shape/Exocad software. Thanks.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Good luck with the free trial- let us know if you find one.
I have a version of DW ($traumann). Buggy as compost pile. Swapping files from a DW scan to Exo crossed my mind as well, but remember you will have to work out parameter bugs when they crop up. Truly the best thing they have going is the multi die scan. Anyone know if the 3shape 900 series does it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what, multi die scan? yeah the d900 has 4 cameras and doesnt mechanically reposition the dies to scan. the multi die feeder arm in the previous d810 and 710 were rubbish. mine broke about a month into using it (several years ago) and all they ever did was superglue it back together. avoid those generation of scanner and go 900.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well both would offer the muti die feature. the L offers greater internal volume to scan models mounted in specialeized articulator plates such as Denar/Hanau or Stratos or SAM.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
well both would offer the muti die feature. the L offers greater internal volume to scan models mounted in specialeized articulator plates such as Denar/Hanau or Stratos or SAM.

Stratos is not supported, sorry to jump in and correct but I have talked to many people about this very popular articulator not being supported. Artex is supported.

If for some reason 3Shape has added Stratos to their "supported" articulators I'd love to know. : )

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, but what exactly does "supported" mean anyway? I prefer Stratos so it seems important.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
Problem with DW starts, once you want to upgrade hardware. You can't do it any other way then through them, 3Shape works on any windows pc. So lets say in 2-3 years time your scanner will (most propably) be still more than enough for your needs, but you will have to spend some money for pc upgrade and with DW it will be more. Both scanners do similar job tough, I find 3Shape easier for designing full contour restorations and DW for multi-die scanning.

D

Dentalworker

Reaction score
I agree with your point Torquadron, but with the price between 3shape and dental wings, you can upgrade 10 times a dental wings and it will be still cheaper than 3shape.... that's a fact...

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
I agree with your point Torquadron, but with the price between 3shape and dental wings, you can upgrade 10 times a dental wings and it will be still cheaper than 3shape.... that's a fact...

I am not sure if comparing price of DW3 series and 3Shape 700 is fair. We owned both (now we replaced 700 with 810),and from general workflow point of view I have to say that DW3 feels much worse then 700. Sure they can do nearly the same job (impression scanning excluded),but working with 3Shape is simply so much more pleasant. I have never managed to get as good designs with DW as I was getting with 3Shape from day one.

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Hi,
I work with DW 7series since more then 2 years and with 3shape d800 since about a year. I think that DW is easyer to use for frames, but for full contour forget about it. 3shape has mush more tools, it makes it a little more complexe and harder to learn in the begging but once you become used to it you can have real fun with it. Maybe that i found it harder because I learned DW first because other peopole seem to find it easy.

for the implans thing I prefer way more to designe abutments with 3shape And yes you can send your work to straumann. and their delai is realy fast we are realy imprissed by theire service.

Now its tru that for the price DW is the winner. also in dental wings you have the model builder for free. but still from my experience 3shape is better on the long term. after 2-3 years once you finished paying it you well be happy for your choice.
If price is real issue then Exocad is more serious option then 3shape or DW. we are testing it right now so I cant really tell you about it but from what I heard they are not far behind 3shape... good luck.

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
and the multidie thing should not be taken in concideration. I dont realy see the use of it.. its more accessory then anything else.
We use it from time to time but could live without it.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
and the multidie thing should not be taken in concideration. I dont realy see the use of it.. its more accessory then anything else.
We use it from time to time but could live without it.

As much as I prefer 3Shape I have to disagree. If your main workflow is single units (frameworks not full contour),then DW is so much better in this area.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
As much as I prefer 3Shape I have to disagree. If your main workflow is single units (frameworks not full contour),then DW is so much better in this area.
Would you mind describing more specifically how you see DW as preferable for this application. I (we) can design a great framework in 3Shape in about 2-3 minutes a unit.
thanks

Top Bottom