3Shape/3M scanner Shoot-Out

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
It's only Talc powder and alchohol. Gheez.

Mark, you are one paranoid mother-fer! Chill-out on the Humble cronic stuff. I think you need a warning or caution sign as your avatar.

Sorry Scott, you are absolutely correct. Back when we got our Lava training, we must have used a different material. I hadn't realized the SKD-S2 was a different composition. Probably why they changed it.

Thanks.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is very cornfusing when looking at the Magnaflux product line.

I'm sure some of the sprays they sell are worse than aesbestos. :confused:

I had to look for minutes and minutes untill I found the product we use.

Smells dangerous, but I doubt it.

Scott

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
It is very cornfusing when looking at the Magnaflux product line.

I'm sure some of the sprays they sell are worse than aesbestos. :confused:

I had to look for minutes and minutes untill I found the product we use.

Smells dangerous, but I doubt it.

Scott

Love the testing procedure for toxins :lol::lol:
Don't you have a 'junior' to carry out these jobs? :D

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
That's funny!:D

Seriously, I did look at the MSDS as soon as we got our first box years ago. It's safe. We do have a very large paint booth right next to the scanners. Just aim at a wall and spray right indoors!

Five layer filters on a 3'x3' wide suction thingy.

We had "The Clapper" (as seen on T.V.) to cut it on/off.
Then I found a remote fob activated switch. Better.

no more clapping (I miss it kinda)

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
That's funny!:D

Seriously, I did look at the MSDS as soon as we got our first box years ago. It's safe. We do have a very large paint booth right next to the scanners. Just aim at a wall and spray right indoors!

Five layer filters on a 3'x3' wide suction thingy.

We had "The Clapper" (as seen on T.V.) to cut it on/off.
Then I found a remote fob activated switch. Better.

no more clapping (I miss it kinda)

You miss having the CLAPS? really,,,:D

P

primelab

Reaction score
@paulg100: they never mentioned about export dongle... I need it export cdt file? hmmm... I'm getting disappointed at sirona... I've tried with my friend several times but failed..

@***: 3shape scan files are in stl but after design, they turn into DCM (3d model file). So if I want to send my design to my friend(just to mill) I need to convert cdt to dcm. i can export scan file as stl and send to my friend but they just cannot work on it... do you have 3shape software? If you can convert my cdt files into something that's compatible with 3shape to mill I'm down to pay the fees :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
@paulg100: they never mentioned about export dongle... I need it export cdt file? hmmm... I'm getting disappointed at sirona... I've tried with my friend several times but failed..

@***: 3shape scan files are in stl but after design, they turn into DCM (3d model file). So if I want to send my design to my friend(just to mill) I need to convert cdt to dcm. i can export scan file as stl and send to my friend but they just cannot work on it... do you have 3shape software? If you can convert my cdt files into something that's compatible with 3shape to mill I'm down to pay the fees :)

Well, we can turn stuff into an stl....but to turn it back into a new encrypted file that has patents is illegal. If your friend cannot accept an stl file, then you need to find someone who can.

I can accept a cdt or stl and print or mill for ya. Cannot make a dcm from cdt. I hope you did not pay Sirona to have that stl dongle. We could have done it for ya for free.

1-877-285-Lava

Scott

Last edited: