3rd party model resin form2?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 3rd party model resin for the form2 printer? Our supplier has run out of stock, we have been waiting on a back order for 3 weeks and we are now out of resin. Their estimated ship date is the second week of Jan. Any suggestions?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
do you know the wavelength and cure time? why can you not search resin by this parameter ?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Where would you suggest looking for resins? Thats the question here, I can match up a fluid if I know where to look

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
bego wouldnt be too happy but i bet some of them would work pretty OK

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Appreciate the link, but I need to order fluid like yesterday, I need a solid "we use this with no problems"

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
can't help you there but best of luck :/

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 3rd party model resin for the form2 printer? Our supplier has run out of stock, we have been waiting on a back order for 3 weeks and we are now out of resin. Their estimated ship date is the second week of Jan. Any suggestions?
Tried it but it does not work. It will also spoil the tray

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
"Our Supplier"...you mean Forms2 ran out of model resin?

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
Which 'it' did you try?
Dental 3Dresyn OD-Clear . Just didn't work. Dumped the remaining resin. It is quite economical to use the Forms 2 resin. A liter will last you a while

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and you used the Fine Tune accelerant?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
there are two kinds, made for different printers, but both would help to work in a formlabs printer. formlabs employs 405nm wavelength laser so if your print was like undercured or squishy, additive to the fluid would help by reducing the density of the particulate to allow light in and cure better.
the 1st print came out good.The 2nd and successive ones would come out 1/2 done. The cured part is strong. Only 1/2 the object would be printed. there would be a layer of cured resin stuck to the tray and when you try to peal it off the silicone layer comes off with it
https://www.3dresyns.com/pages/how-to-fine-tune-3dresyns-for-your-printer

https://www.3dresyns.com/products/print-quality-fine-tuner-ft1